“Charming and delicious - best array of Oysters I have seen in years!”

Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
Ranked #92 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
San Francisco, California
“Charming and delicious - best array of Oysters I have seen in years!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

5 stars for what it is. Walked in without a rez, midday, and the friendly and competent manager didn't miss a beat, and got us in a booth right away. It's charming, unpretentious, and really affordable in lieu of their 14th st. location (I assume cheaper rent dropped the prices a bit.... I definitely didn't find it too pricey like others).

The service is friendly, informal, and very helpful. The kitchen seemed a bit slow, and there were some minor missteps, but nothing to write home about (or dwell on here).

Exceptional selection of Oysters. We got the bacon wrapped "angels on horseback" oysters, that were smoky, and DELICIOUS. Also got the rockefeller, and they did the classic much justice. Also got 12 oysters, 6 types, 3 from the west, 3 from the east. It was the most exceptional array I have eaten in years, possibly ever. The Rhode Island Oysters are always incredible.

They had an Argyle Brut that I love - I can't seem to get away from Willamette Valley anymore. Their wines are superior - great selections, but the pricing on the list is completely wrong. 4 glasses of wine should never be cheaper than the bottle. I have worked in the biz a long time, and I have never seen that as a strategy, so unless management corrects me, it's a mistake. If you order a bottle, ask for the 4 glass pricing.

The Caesar was good. The gumbo was AWESOME. I make gumbo, I've eaten every type of gumbo around the south, New Orleans, etc... this stuff is top notch!Wonderful spot that we found thanks to the new Travel and Leisure article on DC. Job well done. WE WILL BE BACK! =)

“Delicious and classy”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Tons of fun and great food! It can be crowded but it's worth it. Definitely get the dive juice with your oysters, and a pims cup. Delicious!

Washington DC
“Never liked oysters until I tried them here ...”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have never liked oysters - they actually gross me out. My friend convinced me to try them and I was a good sport and did. They were so good. I'm not sure which ones we ordered, they were small and almost sweet. I had the crab cakes for dinner and they were also very good. My friend had the gumbo. I had a bite, it was spicy and delicious. I would definitely go back again. Great vibe and located in a fun area.

Redwood City, CA
“Truly and Oyster Palace”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This place was recommended by some friends in DC and boy were they right. Fantastic old style East Coast Oyster Bar. Excellent selection of fresh oysters from both coasts. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the oysters that were available that evening and provided a great recommendation. Plenty of other seafood/shellfish items available as well.

This is not a quiet, intimate restaurant. It is loud and bright but that is of course part of the oyster palace ambiance. We stopped in at 7:00 on a Thursday evening expecting to have a wait. Instead we were seated immediately at a 4 top. We expected to share the table since most of the seating is "family" style but instead we had the table to ourselves. Service was excellent and I cannot say enough about the food!

This is definitely going to be a standard stop for us when we are in the District.

Lima, Peru
“Oyster palace”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife, who loves oysters, says this is about as good as they get in DC. I don't like oysters, but the gumbo with shrimp is absolutely first rate and the monster hamburger -- it comes with TWO thick patties -- is great too. Noisy.

Visited November 2012