Swann House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$218
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$195
  • Breakfast included
$162
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$405
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$249
$339
$433
$399
  • Room Service
All reviewsb bdog parkregent roomlighthouse roomdupont circleafternoon sherryhomemade granolaselect registrywhirlpool tubhard boiled eggsrelaxing staynew hampshireliving roomrestaurants and shopshome away from homewe've stayedfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Luxury Amenities, Outstanding Customer Service, Great Location, Beautiful Rooms!

I Stayed on a Saturday night, 03/02/14. All the staff I had the pleasure of meeting were very friendly and accommodating. The owner and GM, Mary and Isabel are very attentive and spoil there guests with outstanding Customer service! I was Very Impressed with Swann house and I recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic getaway!
The room I stayed in was (Il Dumo) it was Beautiful from every angel! The deep sunkin claw foot tub was my favorite part of the room.
Service: Outstanding
Value: Five Stars in My Book
Sleep Quality: Comfy King bed with lots of extra pillows in room ( without having to ask!)
Cleanliness : Spotless room
Location: Very close to restaurants and DC Attractions
Rooms : The Room Screams Romance and luxury
Fitness Center : None
Room Service: Excellent service all around

Room Tip: Il Dumo Is My Favorite Room, The Richardson is also a great room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juliet_revied
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Swann House simply put - is magnificent. It has so much character and warmth. I so appreciated all of Swann’s outstanding attributes. The staff was great, especially Isabelle, she was beyond wonderful, from her radiance and charm to her breakfast, all was perfect. I’ve stayed at many B&B’s around the world, I would rate this as my favorite!

Room Tip: Swann has so many different rooms, they're all good and all have really nice bathrooms too!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank OspreyElephant
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Lighthouse room for two nights. It was OK - but VERY small. The room looks bigger on the pictures on hotel website. Windows needed polishing.
Breakfast was OK - but sweet as American breakfast always is.
The staff was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ABJ25
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

If they were to update this place (and dust it)it would never change the fact that it is next to a horrible dog park and they are barking day and night ....

We got no rest then /Breakfast was not well put together .

dogs , dogs , dogs, were barking on a Sunday morning at 5 am when we were there. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank jendell10
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was our first experience with a Select Registry property, and it was by far our best experience thus far.
Most properties can be described as beautiful and well decorated--most of them :)-- but the hospitality here was above and beyond--so friendly and genuinely caring about the satisfaction of our stay. I've experienced from owners of other places their being rather beleaguered, feeling like "Here we go again" each day. Not here. Here I felt a real, genuine, and warm hospitality. Thank you :) We'll definitely look first for one in the Select Registry when traveling.

The property is close-ish to Dupont Circle in a nice residential neighborhood.
They have four on-site parking spaces but you have to reserve, and pay, for one.

Room Tip: We were in the Shanghai'd Away room which was nicely decorated with Oriental style. We chose this room because it was below the main floor, away from noisy neighbors, beside or above, and it served its purpose well. The room was a little smallish but still very nice. One extra benefit is that it's the closest to the kitchen area so that it was easy to sneak up for a coffee first thing in the morning. I do wish all B&B's would do distribute some coffee closer to the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple