Spend Fri & Sat nights in DC. We had a room on the 1st floor (the basement): thought that it would be dark and cramped but we were pleasantly surprised as we received a corner room which was spacious and had a vaulted ceiling. Overall a nice room and bathroom: clean and fun and surprisingly, it was really quiet at night...no street noises, etc.
The hotel restaurant had a nice selection for breakfast / brunch. (We were out during lunch and dinner so cannot comment on that.) And the staff was very nice.
Location is great: right across the street from the metro and the portrait museum.
Also, caught part of a winter craft "fair" across the street.
I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc