My wife and I spent the 4th of July weekend in DC and stayed @ the Monaco. This is a excellent hotel with a lot of character. I read some posts that said not to stay in the basement, so we requested the 4th floor. When we got there we were in the basement. I thought our weekend would be ruined, but it was great. It was nice and quiet and I have absolutely no complaints. The staff was very attentive and assisted us in finding sites to visit.
Pros: Great location to metro stops and the National Mall; lots of restaurants near by; you can get a $5 drink voucher if you decide not to have your room made up!!
Cons: No pancakes for breakfast!
We definitely loved the hotel and would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc