“Great location, great service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
Ranked #40 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great location, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Monaco prides itself on service to its guests. The rooms are nice and the beds comfy. The price is a bit high, however. Great location to attractions.
Very convienent to Spy museum, Portrait Gallery, and Verizon center. The hotel is in an old building and you have to forgive some slight inconveniences, ie..slow elevators, hard to reach bathroom tissue rolls, small, but comfy rooms, and noisey mornings, especially on the 1st floor in the AM. We like the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Easton, MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I just arrived home after a 12 day business trip to Washington, DC. I spent long days outside on the Nationl Mall overseeing the setup of a big event under a tent. What made me able to carry on was the bright and helpful early morning staff ( e.g. Front desk, bellmen and valet staff, etc.) at the Hotel Monaco. Coming back to the hotel in the evening to a cool glass of wine was an added bonus. Monaco staff keep up the good work. I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and ice machines. Which of course is the case with all hotels. I prefer...
Green Features: I like the watersaving practices and the $5 credit for participating.
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Monaco in D.C. several times. It is centrally located for business or tourism. You couldn't ask for a better location--close to major sites, transportation, and the Mall. Plus, the hotel is quite nice, well decorated and appointed. The staff always aim to please and are super friendly. On one prior visit, I arrived VERY early from a redeye flight and they even let me check in at about 7:00 a.m.

Usually, I would give the hotel five stars (at least for each of my past visits). I am knocking a star off this time only because I had the front desk arrange a cab for me to Reagan National this time (usually under $20). I didn't notice at first because it was early in the morning, but the cabbie didn't run the meter and instead gave me the "pay me what you think it was worth for me to pick you up at 4:00 a.m." shakedown. This was somewhat distasteful, but I'm not sure I can blame the hotel for that (unless the clerk had some sort of "arrangement" with the cab--not sure).

lynchburg, va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Monaco on 4 occasions and they were wonderful until this trip. We arrived around 1230 on Sunday and were told our suite was not ready. We gave Douglas our phone number to call us as soon as it was ready. When 3 o'clock came and we had not heard anything we went to the desk. The suite was ready because that is what time check in was. We would have payed to be allowed to check in early but that was not offered to us. The manager was aware we were upset with a situatation but never contacted us to find out what the problem was. The server for breakfast never came to our table once she took our order. Other people brought our food and check. She was busy hanging out and talking to the cooks. Reggie and Aaron the bartenders did a great job, keeping our drinks full, taking our food orders and Aaron even went to the front desk to check on our suite. The valets and doormen are wonderful but managment and the front desk left a lot to be desired. We are booking our next trip at a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The staff is amazing. The rooms are beautiful. The food at Poste is so yummy. The patio is great. Hour hour Kimpton hotels to boot. What a great place. Everything you could ask for is in the hotel. We hated to venture out. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I travel to D.C. frequently for work and it is now solidly my choice of where to stay. Reasons:
1) Location: There are fabulous restaurants nearby, its across the street from the Portrait Gallery which is opening in the evening, and a quick metro ride to the airport or anywhere else you need to go.
2) Service: The staff has gone out of their way for me, honoring my room request and even upgrading me last time to the best suite simply because I have stayed with them before.
3) Kimpton extras: Love the happy hour, raid the mini bar, free wifi, choice of newspapers

Highly suggest you give Hotel Monaco and Kimpton a try

Room Tip: I ask for a room in the back of the hotel (quieter) and not the basement
1 Thank oserica
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The service from the staff is worth a review in itself . They are so kind and gracious . Really go out their way to help you with anything you may need , even directions .

The rooms are very boutique looking , which I liked . VERY spacious rooms(we had a double room with 2 double beds) . Lots of walking around space with a wardrobe with a safe , mini bar , iron , ironing board and night gowns.

We also had in room wifi (for free !) which was very useful .

The quality of food is also something you must try . We only had breakfast there each morning , and it was really worth it . Very FINE quality .

The location couldn't be better . Right in the heart of DC . 5 minutes from the national mall and 2 minutes from the verizon center (downtown) . Everything is on your doorstep .

Please don't hesitate staying here . Just do it . It is such a pleasent stay !

Big Thankyou to the hotel monaco for making our stay an enjoyable one.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family