Hotel is ideally situated in the city, close to the Verizon Center, a few blocks off of the Mall, with ready access to the Metro. Building is unique, and the third floor hallways (I had an interior room looking down at the courtyard) are simply spectacular. Room rate was reasonable for the City. Room service from "Poste" was excellent and prompt. The welcome at check-in was exemplary. The room I had was cozy, a function of the original architecture and the need to use part of the original room for the bath and HVAC system. Overall a pleasant stay, with a slight markdown for the room needing a bit of paint freshening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc