Although a regular at Kimpton Hotels, this was my first at this property in DC, usually staying at the Palomar on the other side of town. Housed in a huge former federal office building/post office, the huge public spaces, columns, marble and woodwork of 120 years ago make this a unique spot. My room was spacious, beautifully equipped as always, spotless, with 15' ceilings and a huge window about as high as the ceiling. The hotel is quiet, the front desk staff attentive, and remember your name, the staff pleasant, and the food at Poste quite good. The hotel is close to museums, the Mall, Capitol and major Federal office buildings, as well as Union Station. For the price and value, why pay more in my view? Another hit for the Kimpton franchise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc