Great location, great sheets, fine bed. Interesting decor. Zebra and tiger print robes. But it seems the average room has a queen bed and is 325 sq ft. (Including the bath). I was "upgraded" to a king bed. My initial reaction was -thank you! BUT -the basement is a regular hotel "floor". Virtually no natural light, an 18" view of people' shoes going by. Mold in the corner of the tub shower. Just too creepy for me. Friends who had rooms on other floors, also all experienced business travelers, complained about the lack of a desk , or chair, etc. because of the small size of the rooms. Probably an okay hotel if you don't have to stay in the basement. There are better choices in DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxury Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC, centrally located in Penn Quarter, occupies the former General Post Office and is a National Historic Building. Built in 1839, this recently renovated beautiful marble building has a stately grace that is matched by the hotel's exemplary service and luxurious amenities. From the comfort of elegant guestrooms, you are steps from the Verizon Center, the Smithsonian, National Mall and a plethora of museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monaco Washington Dc
- Kimpton Washington Dc
- Monaco Hotel Washington Dc