Georgetown Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
The Georgetown Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
1,012 results
All reviewsm streetfull kitchenstudio suitecirculator buscontinental breakfastyogurtparking garagehard boiled eggspotomac riversmall kitchensofa beddining tablebars and restaurantsbit datedexcellent locationroom was largefoggy bottom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Highly alarmed to check into this hotel and find that they put me on a ground floor room on a city street. Not good for anyone but especially a single female. Front desk staff was nice but ineffectual and the manager refused to move me to a safer room on a higher floor. Yes, I realize things are busy, but in other cases like this something has always been worked out. (To be fair, they moved me from one from ground floor room to another, which ironically is right off the lobby and super noisy -- that'll teach me.) I would leave and find another place but everything is either sold out tonight or in a not good part of town. Have called two friends to see if I can crash at their place -- fingers crossed something works out. Been traveling for years and have never been treated so poorly. Check out the photo -- would you spend the night in this room? Wish me luck!

Room Tip: Based on the way I was treated, I would avoid this hotel. Other rooms might be nicer but they did not appear to be concerned about a traveler's fundamental safety. I'm an experienced traveler and have never encountered such treatment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SFTravelr
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I'm so sorry that you were put in a room where you didn't feel safe. We want all our guests to feel safe and comfortable when they stay with us. It was a busy night for us, but we should have found you a room that could accommodate you comfortably. I apologize that we didn't provide you the excellent service we are known for.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Parking our car was a little tight but other than that the service and the room was great. We stayed for three nights, the room was perfect, the staff was friendly and very responsive, and the continental breakfast was very well stocked. They really hustled to keep all the food flowing as there were a lot of guests at breakfast.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Findit999
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had a very positive experience at this hotel. Great location within easy reach of the National Mall and Georgetown shops and restaurants. Helpful and friendly staff and pleasant accommodation. Would definitely book again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just stayed there for the 4th time in 6 years and it gets better every time. Every staff member was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful, especially Tanya and Patricia; they all go out of their way to make your stay with them as comfortable as possible. (They even recognize returning guests, no matter how long it has been since your last stay!) The rooms are big, quiet, and clean. Love the location -- great for walking to anywhere in Georgetown, to Foggy Bottom Metro, or to the Mall. Close access to wonderful running/walking trails along the Potomac. I can't say enough about this place. It's my home away from home whenever I'm in DC.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thanks for sharing your comments and mentioning Tanya and Patricia. They are two of our longtime employees that we value so much. We appreciate your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has a prime, convenient location in Georgetown. A little hard to find at first as it's tucked away, and you need to know before you get there that there's no valet parking - you have to idle outside the door where cars are not supposed to wait, go inside and get the key to the garage around the block that is associated with the hotel for $30/day. Not a problem if you are traveling with someone and they can move the car in case you are told to move while waiting to get the paperwork/key/directions for the garage, but if you're alone it could be tricky. Otherwise the hotel is great. The suite space is more than comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and spacious. The buffet breakfast was decent, not elaborate, but still good. Location in Georgetown is perfect - 1/2 block off the main street of shops/restaurants, and 1/2 block the other way is the beautiful Potomac with walking/running path and more restaurants. Approximately 1/4-1/2 mile walk to subway which we did pretty easily for visiting the museums. I will definitely stay here again any time I need to visit Washington.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline B

Thanks for your nice comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again for your next trip to DC.