“Neighborhood Gem, Decent Price, Good Space, Great Location”
Review of Georgetown Suites

Georgetown Suites
Ranked #89 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has a prime, convenient location in Georgetown. A little hard to find at first as it's tucked away, and you need to know before you get there that there's no valet parking - you have to idle outside the door where cars are not supposed to wait, go inside and get the key to the garage around the block that is associated with the hotel for $30/day. Not a problem if you are traveling with someone and they can move the car in case you are told to move while waiting to get the paperwork/key/directions for the garage, but if you're alone it could be tricky. Otherwise the hotel is great. The suite space is more than comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and spacious. The buffet breakfast was decent, not elaborate, but still good. Location in Georgetown is perfect - 1/2 block off the main street of shops/restaurants, and 1/2 block the other way is the beautiful Potomac with walking/running path and more restaurants. Approximately 1/4-1/2 mile walk to subway which we did pretty easily for visiting the museums. I will definitely stay here again any time I need to visit Washington.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline B
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thanks for your nice comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again for your next trip to DC.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in March 2014. I only stayed one nights as I was in town for a work meeting. Please note that there are 2 buildings as part of this hotel. I stayed at the one on 29th St. Upon arriving to the hotel, I was greeted by a very nice front desk person (Miguel?). He was very efficient in checking me in and letting me know restaurants in the area as well as other hotel amenities. Breakfast is served daily and is complimentary. Also, I had free WiFIi. My room was on the 3rd floor and I was put in a very spacious one bedroom suite. Actually the room was so large that it was actually bigger than my two bedroom apartment in Boston! The room was impeccably clean. However, the hotel was certainly showing its age with dated furniture in the living and kitchen areas. The kitchenette was also very clean but had broken drawers and old appliances. Some upgrading is much needed at this hotel. Also, there was a musty odor that was quite pungent when I walked into the room. I ended up putting on the air which helped to circulate some of the smell and make it less noticeable. The bedroom and living room had large flat screen TVs with many channels to chose from. The bed itself was quite comfortable and newer. The bathroom had been updated somewhat and had plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. All in all this is a nice, clean and friendly hotel in an excellent location in Georgetown. The nightly fee was not cheap by any means but I had an ample amount of space and could easily have fit a family in the unit which would make it more affordable. If you go in not expecting the Ritz, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brown_Eyes1977
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in a spacious one bedroom suite at Georgetown Suites. Thanks for mentioning Miguel. He takes great care of our guests! We hope to have you stay with us again next time you are in DC!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed at the suites for 5 days. The staff was helpful, caring and responsible. I strongly recommend this place to others. :) since the suites are located in the heart of Georgetown, therefore, there are plenty of places to visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to take advantage of our great location. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future! Thanks for your nice comments.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just spent 2 nights there with my sister and niece, waiting out a major snowstorm in DC on our way to Florida. We could not have been more pleased at the warm, friendly and professional treatment we received from Jeffrey upon our arrival. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. It was great that we could park our car under the building and take the elevator to our floor. The room was large and comfortable, lots of breakfast selection, in the heart of Georgetown, and a short walk to all the DC sights. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

I'm so glad we could be your safe haven during the crazy winter weather we've been having! Thanks for mentioning Jeffrey. He has been a long time employee, and a guest favorite! We are lucky to have him. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Georgetown Suites!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Three of us shared a spacious suite. The price and quality were just right for us. Breakfast was at times hectic but good. The Georgetown Suites is not fancy, but always clean and comfortable. The staff couldn't be nicer and the neighborhood is great for tourists.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank leftwing

Thanks for your nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Georgetown Suites. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Perfect location in Georgetown, helpful staff, and lovely hot breakfast. I was surprised by how big the room was - full kitchen and living room. Plus it was really affordable! This trip was really important to me, I went there to retrace the steps of my Mother's childhood and where she met and fell in love with my father (both now deceased).I came armed with her diary, photos, and audio of her telling stories of her youth with my grandparents. I was overwhelmed by how much the staff cared about my journey and when I took a serious fall at the ice rink (which is really close by) the night clerk called my room to let me know he'd run to the pharmacy for me if I needed anything! I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The only thing I'd recommend when booking is to ask for a room with a view (upper floor facing t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeanine44
Pam W, Director of Sales at Georgetown Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thanks for sharing your comments about your trip to Georgetown. It sounds like such a great way to learn about family history. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back as our guest again next time!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My whole family stayed for a week in 3 suites while we buried my father at Arlington National Cemetery. We were treated like royalty and the staff was available for our every request.
The only place to stay in DC is Georgetown because you never need a car and and the best bars and restaurants are steps away..
The manager Crystal is very professional & helpful and the front desk staff is awesome...
Breakfast is good for such a large property and the front desk will arrange airport pickup MUCH cheaper than you can find on the internet...Taxis are abundant and shopping is mind-blowing!!!
You can walk to Trader Joe's to do grocery shopping and there is a laundry on each floor..
Think no more..Georgetown Suites has it all!!!

Room Tip: Only draw back is $30 nightly car parking charge...take a cab there, you don't need your car!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamara B

Thanks so much for your nice comments. I'm glad you were able to meet Crystal, our General Manager. She is the main reason that the hotel staff has all been here for so many years. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Georgetown Suites. We hope to have you back as our guest again next time you are in the area.