“Moules et frites”

St Arnold's Mussel Bar
Ranked #424 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar, Belgian, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Transit: Farragut North Metro Station (Red); Dupont Circle Metro Station (Red); Farragut West Metro Station (Blue, Orange)
Dallas, Texas
“Moules et frites”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm ready to book a flight back to Dc just for the mussels.
Oh my...lthese are as good (if not better) than any mussels I ate in Belgium...and I ate a lot there!!!!
They do have other food but the mussels menu has 20 different choices all with frites and all for $18 each.
They were fabulous. We all ordered different and mine was the "st Arnold's" with duck fat. They were amazing, the broth so rich and the mussels were huge plump and perfect. Even the fries were delicious and dipped in my left over broth I didn't want this dish to end. Also the mussels came out in a proper moules pot which adds to the whole feeling of knowing you are getting good ones.
I wish I lived in dc just to eat here...I would be here so often.
We were so blown away by this simple dish that we told a few people and they hadn't known about it (and they worked close by) I made them wrote down the name and promised me they would go.
We ate there just after 11am on a Saturday and the place was almost empty. What!??
If you live in Dc I'm jealous....if you love mussels you have my word you won't be disappointed.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This Belgian place was very good”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just went here after work today. My daughter ordered the curry cream mussels and I ordered the St. Arnold's mussels with a shared onion rings side. The mussels are half-price during happy hour and are served with pomme frites and a delicious aioli. The onion rings were also very good but a tad greasy. The bar has a respectable, reasonably priced (for DC) selection of beers and liquor. We'd go back even though the 'above M Street NW' location is a good walk from our offices in Foggy Bottom near Constitution Ave. The bartender's service was great.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Mussels and Beers”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have been here (and to the sister restaurant uptown) several times and have never been disappointed. This St Arnolds is small and can get crowded during the week, but we were there Saturday night and it was full but not unpleasant. The mussels and beer are great! The server was very nice and fast and helpful (especially to my cousin -- she let her sample a few beers to pick the one she wanted).

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Secret”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This little hideaway is the perfect spot on a side street. The many mussel dishes and fantastic Belgium beers make it worth finding.

• Visited August 2013
North Canton, Ohio
“Definitely the best mussels in D.C.!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped here on a whim after reading the reviews on Yelp while looking for a place to eat. We are mussels fanatics so we decided to check this place out. The atmosphere is great! Old brick walls and wood work. The place is quite intimate too. Service was great and the mussels were delicious. There are alot of mussels to choose from. We split the spicy ones and they were fantastic. We also got the meat and cheese plate and it was delicious. We were able to split the mussels and the appetizer and it was very filling. There also is a large selection of Belgian beer. We don't like Belgian beer that much, but if you do, this is a good place to stop. There were other drinks for us. Definitely try this place out!

• Visited August 2013