“Authentic to the taste of the English!”
Review of The Queen Vic

The Queen Vic
Ranked #713 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Description: British Pub serving traditional British food and beers. Extensive daily chalkboard specials. Emphasis on Local and responsibly farmed ingredients Official Liverpool FC Bar Official DC United Bar Family owned Small Business
Massapequa, New York, United States
“Authentic to the taste of the English!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went for Sunday Brunch and got to try their Pimm's Cup! So refreshinggg...their food was up to par but what put a cherry on top was the homemade doughnut! Best doughnut I've ever had!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jennifer C

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best neighborhood pub in H street hands down.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Small venue, but I love the atmosphere and staff. Good food, although limited menu, they do English fare and they do it RIGHT. Sunday roast was perfection, sticky toffee pudding amazing. Bartenders are friendly, they have great suggestions. Beer list fabulous. My new "go-to" pub in the area!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ladybug1330
“Perfect Pub”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My first time to the Queen Vic and I'm writing this review because it is review-worthy! My co-worker and friend Brian suggested this place to me and while I was reluctant to try Pub food (it's a little heavy for the middle of a workday) I'm glad I listened! I was surprised to see a wide variety of dishes, including some Indian favorites - a samosa * onion Bhaji (puffed pastry stuffed with potatoes & Indian spices along with Indian-style Onion rings) appetizer and a Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) entree. I decided to get the samosas and the Boxing Day special of a Turkey leg stuffed with sausage accompanied with Brussel Sprouts, Mashed potatoes AND Eccles cake w/Bleu Cheese to finish. We all had the Pub's delicious Bloody Marys that had plenty of delicious horseradish. On a rainy day with soccer on the tube, I felt like I was in London! Not to mention, there is a deck upstairs tha tthe owner, Ryan, graciously opened and heat-lamped for my after-meal enjoyment. I messaged a bunch of friends who frequent H Street about this hidden gem as soon as I left because I want to go back again soon! Thanks for a great time, Queen Vic!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Simi984
Tijeras, New Mexico
“great vibe and terrific beer selection”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Hung out here while waiting on a table for Toki Underground. Had so much fun that we came back after dinner as well. Great bartenders and great selection and cool hipster vibe.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LeithDD
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really Enjoy the food and vibe”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I have made a few visits here and we really enjoy the food and atmosphere at the Queen Vic. Ryan, the owner make everyone feel welcome. The beer selection is great and focusing on British beers. The VIc makes sure their beers come out at the right temperature.

We have had the fish and chips which are right on for traditional British food. However, its the specials that you need to focus on. They have such a variety of items, it hard to count!! Great desserts too!!!

Try it out, we love it. Just ask for Ryan and he will be more than accommodating.

• Visited October 2012