“It's our new local”

Boundary Stone
Ranked #825 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Boundary Stone Public House is a neighborhood establishment created to foster a warm, welcoming environment where people can gather to enjoy food, drink and the simple pleasures of music and good company. Boundary Stone is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission. We support our community and embrace the powerful role that business has in environmental and social responsibility. We are resolute in our desire to achieve a sustainable business and be a positive force in our community.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

From the staff to the food and drinks this place is awesome.

It gets busy so make sure you get there early if you want a seat at the bar.

Try the wings and deviled eggs they are both awesome (but everything is good).

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This (still fairly new) addition to Shaw was long overdue. Owned by two brothers, they kept their idea realistic and the delivery is fabulous. A great bar with friendly patrons and a great neighborhood feel, they serve tasty food (the menu items are very reasonable, although the specials can be a bit pricey). We had the pork special and it fabulous!

The Scotch selection was very good (we love Scotch, so this was a happy discovery), the beer on tap was an unusual and very nicely chosen selection. Walking distance from both Rhode Island Metro and Shaw, it's also a great place for visitors who are looking to go a bit off the beaten path and meet some real DC locals.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Finally, I have my very own "Cheers"! This is a great local pub with SUPER friendly staff. The food is great. In particular, the Bleu Burgerand the bread pudding, are absolutely delicious. The scotch selection is phenomenal. If you are ever in the Bloomingdales / LeDroit Park area, stop in for a great time and good eats.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

In a part of DC that is full of locals who are in their 30's- not a college bar, not a hipster bar. Great change of pace from other scenes and bars- The Hill, Atlas, etc.

Food was fine (fish n chips were good) but we were there to drink. Service was awesome. Amazing selection of scotch and bourbon.

Cool local bar. I'll be back.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I visited this bar on a recommendation if I was "ever" in the DC area. Turns out the recommendation came a week before I traveled to DC on business. I knew this was an newly opened bar but not much more beyond that. Walking into the bar, you felt like you were going to be very comfortable without much of an effort on your part. Two waitstaff greeted me at the door, and guided me in. The wait staff were at the door, because there is outdoor seating and it was still warm enough that some people were having drinks outside.

When traveling alone, I tend to strike a conversation with people seated near me, and sometimes the bar staff. The friendly feel to the place led me to believe that this was a real neighborhood bar with a "why didn't I think of that" feel about it. I ordered a bacon burger, cooked medium with my pint. Being an Irishman, I took a big chance on the Guinness and boy was I ever right. The pint was as good as you'd get in Galway, or Waterford for that matter. Well poured, proper head, nice proud and tasted nice and creamy. I did try a local IPA but found it a bit too hoppy for my liking.
But the burger....wow, that was something. They used bacon jam which I had never heard of and did it do the trick or what. I left them with a plate that you could spot the few pepper sprinkles and not much else on it. The bar was about 80% full and the baseball playoffs were on in the background as was some excellent music. Yet a conversation was simply to speak and hear as the high ceilings took a lot of the acoustics. One last thing to note, was the tin ceilings. A class move and reminiscent of the fact that there was once a cinema here, but now there's an establishment. I look forward to paying my dues here again on my next trip.