“Deserves the high rating. Excellent in service and location”

Sofitel Washington DC
Ranked #21 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The high rating is spot on. Beautiful hotel, small enough to get to your room quickly, very attentive staff, good food n the dining room, and quick attention to a minor problem in the room. 2 blocks from the White House. Good value; could have spent a couple of hundred dollars more per night and not gotten better room or service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sofitel. I am pleased to know you were able to experience our service across departments and that you found it to be so attentive. I hope we will see you again in 2014, and until then we wish you a wonderful Holiday Season!

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Washington DC

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I'm a musician that travels all over the world and has stayed at great hotels. I got some good rest at the Sofitel DC. When in DC I'm working for Black Entertainment Television ( B.E.T ) doing a show for 2 weeks. My problem wasn't until I left DC the first week. I forgot a Playstation Vita in my room. We left about 5 a.m so no house keeping was going on at that time. At about 5:30 I realized that I'd left it so I called a told the the front desk my room number, what I forgot and where it was. They told me that they would tell house keeping to put it in lost and found, but not at the lost and found in there pocket. Yes they stole it!! I came back the next week to work and NO ONE KNOWS WHERE IT IS. So you mean to tell me " I leave at 5 a.m, call at 5:30, nobody has the key to my room but The Sofitel Hotel, house keeping comes in, and now I can't find my belongings. THE HOUSE KEEPING PEOPLE ARE THEIFS. NO RESPECT FOR PEOPLES STUFF. So I say don't leave anything or you will NEVER see it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Anna Chaley C, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Javert,

We take this quite seriously as we are a luxury hotel with a reputation for upholding the utmost security for our guests and their belongings. We have not had any situations in the past similar to your suggestion, and I am confident this case is the same. I would recommend you contact us directly regarding your stay back in July so that we may look into it further.

Jean-Christophe Gras

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Service from this Hotel is excellent. Staff are very good and provide consistent service at a high level. Paul, Brian, Brita, Freedie are excellent in the restaurant and Allan does a really good job for customers in the Bar and Lounge area. Only gripe was that we had to wait about 2 hours for a room after having been on a 17 hour flight . Not pleasant. Staff did try and expedite room . Pity as we specifically requested an early check in

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I will happily share your kind words about our F&B Ambassadors with our team. I apologize that you had to wait for a room to be ready. Although we try our best to accommodate such requests, especially after such a long journey, it can sometimes be a bit difficult according to the occupancy and the room type availability. That said, I hope you will be back again to join us on your future travels, and we will ensure you have just as lovely of a visit.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Sofitel Washington was a great choice with easy access to national mall and surrounding restaurants, but also the metro station!

- Excellent reception, bell and door staff!
- Great rooms with modern decor.
- Very good acknowledgement of Accor Platinum.

Would happily return here!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Boeta85

Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel and AccorHotels worldwide. We cherish our Le Club members, as we know you have a choice in hotels, and we strive to maintain the level of luxury service and accommodations you have come to know and love from Sofitel hotels. Now if only we could build a Sofitel property in Monkey Mia!!

Wishing you Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Mark P

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Nice Sofitel. Well located, near the White House, you can walk to every major attraction in Washington DC. Not a big room. Very clean though. Would stay here again. The staff was very helpful. There's a nice bar and a great restaurant at floor level.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Obrigada! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. As you are approaching your warmest season in Brasil, you should take a trip to some of our Sofitel properties around the country! I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back sometime soon. Until then, happy holidays and Feliz Ano Novo!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I loved this Hotel! Went to DC for three nights and picked this hotel due to good reviews on Trip Advisor. The staff was very friendly and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have experienced. We had a room on the back and it was very quiet. The location was great also. Just a block from the White House and from the Metro station. We were very pleased. I have stayed in hotels that cost tremendously more that cannot even compare. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie G

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive to provide an environment that is comfortable for our guests- conveniently located in downtown D.C., but peacefully quiet as if you are not in a city at all. I hope that 2014 will bring more visits for you to Washington, and we will be thrilled to welcome you back. Happy Holidays!