“Excellent Stay Minor Hiccups”

Sofitel Washington DC
Ranked #15 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Stay Minor Hiccups”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Overall I had a wonderful 4 day stay at the Sofitel - however there were a few negatives. The water pressure in the shower was sub par, personally I like to feel the water instead of just getting wet. Secondly, the t.v. in the room was pitiful. There were only a handful of HD channels, the other channels had static, and the remote worked half the time. Lastly, parking is $52 per night.
The positives - the staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. I cannot rave about them enough, everyone I came into contact with seemed like they genuinely cared. The room is comfortable and clean. The location is excellent, you are a few blocks away from EVERYTHING. You can be in front of the White House in less than 5 minutes.
I would definitely come back or recommend this hotel. I also suggest trying the "bread basket" - "Le Parisan". Loved the fresh croissants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CakesALot
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am thrilled to know that you appreciated our personal service, and that you enjoyed our location and your dining experience. I am sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your in room amenities. I am not sure if you spoke to any of our Ambassadors about the complications with your television and remote, but our Engineering team is always available to assist should something like this occur. I apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you that this is atypical of our standards. We will be sure on your next visit to offer you a flawless stay.

Anna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, England
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for a trip to Washington, easy walking distance of numerous memorials and museums. The hotel staff are very friendly, very large room, turn down service at night with free bottles of water and free coffee served each morning in the bar in takeaway cups, we took ours back to the room. The lifts are excellent , we were on the 9th floor and never had to wait more then a minute for a lift to go up or down.The coinierge service was excellent and full of knowledge and helpful tips.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steveburton1000
Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your visit to our Nation's Capital! I am happy you were able to enjoy our convenient location as well as our accommodations. We certainly hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I love Sofitel. The Sofitel experience is worth the money they chatge. This hotel is ideally situated, close to absolutely everything. There is a subway station nearby. Plenty of restaurants, coffeeshops and the sights of the city are all within walking distance. Next time I'm in DC, I'll stay at Sofitel.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the street. No view but very quiet and nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aaaage
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Tack! I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Maybe for a getaway from the long Norwegian winter!?

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is in a good location near the White House. There was some confusion about my promised upgrade but the manager Matt satisfied me with a junior suite, My major complaints are about the amenities, Single sink in bathroom, small closet, not enough hangers , tiny lamp shade on huge lamp showing a lack of attention. The prices for food and drinks are outrageous and the overnight parking $44 per night! Staff was extremely nice and helpful so that made up for a lot!

Room Tip: Higher up rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
I am glad you were able to settle into one of our spacious junior suites, and that you enjoyed our central location, in the heart of downtown Washington D.C. Like with most city hotels, parking tends to be limited, and so we offer the convenience of in and out parking with 24 hour access to your vehicle at a price less than our neighboring luxury hotel properties. On your next visit, be sure to request a room with a large closet, and we certainly can provide you with additional hangers, just ask!

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2013

First, I should note that the location of this hotel is excellent. A block away from the White House and walking distance (or short cab ride) to most of the DC attractions. However, what struck me the most is the service. I came for vacation with my wife and 2 kids. I booked through one of the travel websites (travelocity, I think) and I didn't realize that I booked a king room bed. The hotel stuff, seeing that we had kids, upgraded us to a suite for free without us even asking. Thank you--we had a great stay in DC and at your hotel. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike V
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As you experienced with your family, we have many services and accommodations that are perfect for children, and we very much welcome families to Sofitel. I am happy to know we were able to adapt your room type to best suit your needs, we always do what we can. For the future, I highly recommend that you call the hotel when you find a good deal on a third party website. More often than not we can match the rate, and then you can be positive that the room type is exactly what your family needs instead of having unexpected surprises on arrival! Not to mention, it is always nicer to speak to a real person who can make your stay extra special. We hope to see you again soon, with the holiday season arriving, it is just a short drive or train ride from New York to enjoy some delicious hot coco and seasonal festivities!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting Washington DC. The hotel was in a nice location and access to various monuments and attraction was very good. The food at the restaurant was ok, as my pasta was undercooked but they offered me a complimentary dessert which is always a bonus. Will definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing Sofitel for your visit to D.C. Our Executive Chef, Franck Loquet, crafts each menu item to fit the season, with only the freshest ingredients available, so I am sorry to here your entrée was anything short of spectacular. I can assure you this is atypical of an experience at iCi Urban Bistro, and do hope you will join us again on your next visit to Washington. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.