“Stay at Sofitel, Washington”

Sofitel Washington DC
Ranked #19 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (3,280)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had three wonderful nights at the Sofitel and it was perfect. The room was elegantly and functionally appointed and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. The restaurant and bar were on the expensive side but we chose to eat there on the night of my husband's birthday and the staff made sure he was made to feel special, including a birthday dessert and a complimentary glass of dessert wine. A lovely treat. Otherwise, there were many restaurants and bars nearby where you could eat or drink more cheaply. The location also was ideal for tourists being just around the corner from the White House and within walking distance from many other attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ibunols

A very Happy Birthday to your husband once again! Thank you for celebrating with us, I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Make sure he brings you back now for your birthday celebration!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at Sofitels in N. America and in Europe. Always a pleasure and same for the Washington DC Sofitel.

The staff were excellent and so friendly. Rooms were so clean, wonderful bed and the food were all excellent.

Room Tip: No tips on getting a good room, other than joining the Accords club program. Always watch for sales...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel Hotels worldwide, and for choosing us in Washington D.C. You are absolutely right, our Le Club loyalty program is an excellent way to accrue points and earn benefits such as upgrades and late checkouts. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests' preferences, so do not hesitate to call us in advance so we can best prepare for your arrival.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I only wish I could have stayed longer in this fine hotel with charming, attentive staff & very pleasant surroundings. Ideally located too in the city for walking around the many & varied spots of interest. I could easily have stayed a week here.

My only feedback would be that my glass of Lois Roederer was slightly on the flat side - had I not had a dinner reservation on the outskirts of town which I was in a hurry to make I would have corse brought this to the attention of the bar tending staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your visit to Washington D.C. Come back and join us again soon for a week, or longer! Contact me directly if you would like, and I will be sure to have a fresh glass of champagne chilled and ready for your arrival.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is one block from the front fence of the White House. Apart from that it is in a commercial area, but then again that is exactly what DC is. There is a nearby Metro station to enable,further touring.

The rooms are a comfortable size without being large. We elected the King bed room and it certainly gave us what we wanted. The king bed, large screen TV Desk, chair and lounge chair.
Regrettably there is only one suitcase stand (applies to almost ALL hotels) so the lounge is generally used for one of the suitcases. Surely hotels in the class of Sofitel can arrange a second stand?

Large wardrobe is available together with safe and iron. Alas the ironing board is a half size job.

The bathroom is one of the best we have seen on our 39 day holiday. It is spacious with both bath AND shower.

Both the room and bathroom have excellent lighting.

There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby.

Service is excellent from the reception to the concierge to the doorman.

A/C was very good

Room Tip: Suggest no rooms really have a view given the hotel is in a commercial area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dencal1945
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for the Washington D.C. portion of your extended holiday. I am glad to know that you found your accommodations comfortable and the hotel well situated in the heart of downtown Washington D.C. For your next stay, we would be happy to offer you an extra luggage rack as well as a full sized ironing board, as we have both in stock. I hope the remainder of your holiday was enjoyable, and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Consistently the most comfortable beds in the world, simple unimposing design, good service - though breakfast is a touch on the steep side ($). It's not as plush as some Sofitels, but you're definitely in good hands and get everything you're used to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your loyalty to Sofitel Washington D.C. We cannot blame you for loving the SoBed. In case you did not know, the SoBed is available for purchase to have at home at Soboutique.com You must come back to us to receive the luxury Sofitel service however!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at Sofitel hotel in DC.It is the most sparkling hotel I have ever seen.Suffering with severe allergies, for me it is very difficult to stay in hotels because even 5 star hotels dont clean well.The services here were outstanding .The hotel room was very cozy and although I had a room with no view, it was very quiet and relaxing.What can I say about the location, the best location possible !
It is close , walking distance to the most famous touristic objectives .White House just around the corner, all public transportation available, wonderful places to visit .The hotel is very nicely decorated and the staff really curteous and very nice. The restaurant is absolutely wonderful, I had an excellent dinner with fresh fish, served impecable !
I cant find enough words to express how well and relaxed I felt staying at this hotel !
I did not want to leave home .

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with no view but it ws very quiet , I slept very well and the room was very cozy...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Sofitel. We are happy to become your home away from home, so do not hesitate to come back and join us again soon. Executive Chef Franck Loquet has just created a new menu in iCi Urban Bistro, so there will be more delicious fish dishes for your enjoyment!