“Service is outstanding.”

Ranked #16 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Service is outstanding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I spent our anniversary here. The service was outstanding and the location is only about a block from the Mcphereson square metro stop. There are several good restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I would stay here again and absolutely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Happy Anniversary once again! Thank you for choosing Sofitel to celebrate. I see that you enjoyed one of our Pastry Chef, Vincent BItauld's specialty desserts, yum! We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully before your next anniversary.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in February for a meeting. You're only a few blocks from the White House, and two blocks from the McPherson Square Metro Station. The Mall is only about a 20 minute downhill walk.

This is the second Sofitel I've stayed at, and I'm really starting to think it might be my favorite hotel group. Both stays were impeccable. The lobby at the Sofitel is beautiful, with welcoming front desk staff. My room was so cozy, but modern, too. It's amazing to me how their decor could be so soothing and welcoming, and look entirely gorgeous at the same time! The room was large, with plenty of room for luggage. The bathroom was lovely, with a nice shower and separate tub.

My meeting was at the hotel, and I must say that the meeting facility is great. A nicely sized conference room for a group of around 20-30. EXCELLENT meals, too. I used the workout room once, and it had nice equipment and was very nice.

I would whole-heartedly stay at this hotel again. Great facility!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are honored to be considered among your favorite hotels, and I am happy to know you enjoyed your business stay with us in February. We have a meeting floor with a variety of options for different sized meetings as well as our Paris Ballroom. Chef Frank Loquet designs the banquet menus to reflect the quality and selection of our restaurant, and it makes those meetings that much more enjoyable! We strive to provide a comfortable environment, effortless and convenient for our guests to lessen the load of the busy work week. This includes amenities like complimentary coffee and tea to go in the mornings, a lightning-speed business wifi option, complimentary business center access to printing and our newly rennovated fitness center 24/7. We look forward to being your home away from home in Washington D.C.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent 5 nigths at Sofitel Lafayette Square (DC). Not only the hotel itself is amazing, but the staff are extremely friendly.
The location is perfect! Super fast checkin and chekout. Very clean, comfortable ... and the food is wonderful!
The bar (which every night is attended by executives from the neighborhood) has a wonderful special menu, including wines.
It would be unfair to say any employee name since I can not remember all names. But I appreciate the special attention from Chloe, who very often helped me with the maps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Fri_R
Obrigada! I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your extended stay with us. Just like Chloe, who speaks Portuguese, French and English, we have Ambassadors from all over the world who speak a range of languages like German, Arabic, Russian, Amharic, Spanish, Croatian, Vietnamese, Dutch, Swedish and more. Wherever you are traveling from, Sofitel Washington D.C. has a warm welcome waiting for you!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My new favorite hotel in the District.

First, a word on warning. They automatically add an 18% gratuity to restaurant and bar charges, so be careful not to over-tip.

The (standard) room was excellent. Well-appointed, modern, roomy, well-lighted, comfortable bed, Bose stereo, separate shower, mini-bar, wi-fi (free and paid). I think they thought of everything but the bidet/douchette. Turn-down service as well.

Their breakfast cafe has a great menu (but you'll not get out of here for less than $15). Try the smoked salmon and bagel (mmmm). I love the French press coffee ($6).

A really nice, comfortable bar/lounge. You may even see the President drive by (I did). He lives just a city block away.

The staff is stellar. Always eager to please.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Buckles2007
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it seems you had a chance to try out both of our outlets and enjoyed! The smoked salmon IS delicious, and I highly recommend the homemade muesli. Automatic gratuity is added onto the breakfast in iCi and otherwise only for parties of six or more in Le Bar and iCi. Come back and join us for our outdoor terrace, it makes for great people watching and, as you saw, sometimes a glimpse of the Presidential motorcade!

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My Husband and I live in the Phila area and love to get away for long weekends to Washington DC. Between Christmas and New Years is a great time to go to Washington since congress is on vacation and you do not have to wait in long lines. We chose the Sofitel due to the great on-line reviews and our previous stay at the Sofitel in Montreal. Without a doubt we were not disappointed. We were greeted by Anna Chaley Croll the Relations Manager at the front desk. She welcomed us by wishing us a Happy 24th Anniversary along with spending time providing us with ideas for dinner along with having a wonderful choc desert and bottle of Sparkling water and a special note wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The Hotel room with was clean, quite and specious along with being close to the White House and main attractions. The package we selected included a breakfast each morning which was fantastic. The breakfast was terrific. We were only there for two mornings yet they remembered what we drank and greeted us with hot tea. This is our third experience staying with the Sofetil, twice in Montreal and once in DC. As we continue to travel, Sofitel will be one of our first choices to stay. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

PS. Remember to ask for Anna she is wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
My fellow Pennsylvanians!! It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I was so happy you chose to try out Sofitel D.C. after your stay in Montreal. Thank you for your kind words, and remember I am always available to assist in planning your next getaway; even a staycation in Sofitel Philadelphia, it is a lovely property! I look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for four nights and had no complaints at all. Rooms were spacious and very comfortable and the service from all the staff was courteous and professional. Great location and Sofitel will be my first choice next time I'm in DC.

Room Tip: We actually preferred the two queen beds room over the junior suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex N
Renou, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your trip to our Nation's Capital! We are here for all of your business needs and strive to provide an environment comfortable for your business travels. Do not forget to take advantage of our complimentary basic internet, or the paid light-speed business connection that can make working from your room extra convenient!

Lorton, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is perfect for anyone who is looking to "getaway" for the weekend. We stayed on friday and saturday night, had breakfast in bed, drinks and everything was just perfect. I will stay here again for my next needed weekend gateway!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mplum004
Thank you for sharing your experience! We love the term "staycation" and have many local guests who join us just to get away from the same old everyday at home. We have special packages like the Romance Package, which can make that weekend just a little extra special. Feel free to call us as well, and we can assist you in setting up any arrangements you may desire to create a memorable getaway!