Sofitel Washington DC
The Hay-Adams(Washington DC)
  • Pool
Capital Hilton(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
W Washington D.C.(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
3,320 results
All reviewswhite housele barluxury roomlafayette squareroom serviceebbitt grillcity viewturn down servicecorner roomjunior suitetwo blocksbed was very comfortableconcierge deskmini barhotel barwonderful hotelnational mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We visited the Sofitel just before New Years Eve and DC is a ghost town. I was very surprised that even with a high status with Accor Hotel loyalty program, our family did not receive a complimentary upgrade upon our request. The hotel seemed quite empty and our room overlooked a wall. The first night we did receive cookies and milk for two (four of us were in the room); the second night, not a thing.

The staff was lovely but the room did not meet our expectations.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gracesmom
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Beautiful hotel, fantastic location, attentive staff - especially the restaurant and bar staff. A room change request was not perfectly handled at first, but attended to and resolved with professionalism

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel is superb. We had stayed here twice (also in 2006) and had a delightful stay both times. It is in a perfect location, close (too close?) to the White House, metro stations and easy walk to the gardens and Mall museums.
Shame they would not confirm a crib bed would be available for our child prior to arrival (insisting on a subject to availability clause). Kind of silly for a top class hotel. But it was there when we arrived and was thoughtfully made up with small toys for him.
Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I found a great deal online from their web site and was not disappointed. I only wish they had deals like this more often. The service was impeccable, the room was large (and I think we stayed in their smallest room) and the location was perfectly amazing. There are numerous restaurants around and even a Whole Foods within reasonable walking distance. Generally the prices are way too high for me but if you check the web site they have great deals.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank veffekt
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed over a long weekend a little over a week ago. I consider myself a seasoned traveler and have stayed in many upscale hotels. But this hotel was probably the best hotel I've stayed at. The staff were always extremely helpful and the nightly turn down service was a nice touch! I took advantage of their laundry service to press a dress, and was picked up and delivered on time without any hassles. Ordered room service late at night after attending a show at the Kennedy Center and again everything was without hassle. Plus it was REALLY good food. The decor was beautiful and the room was large. The bathroom was the best part of the entire room. I have only two criticisms really and that's that we didn't have a view and we were near the staff elevator which ran all night and was a little disruptive.

Check in was easy as well as check out.

The hotel is a block from the Metro Blue and Orange line. One block from the White House. Three blocks from Washington Monument. It was a great first visit to Washington DC. I'm glad we chose the Sofitel.

One morning we had breakfast in the cafe. It was authentic french cuisine. But pretty pricey. They charged $5 for an 8oz glass of orange juice!!!

Room Tip: Ask if it's near an elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple