“Great Burger Your Way”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My son and I stopped here for lunch on our way to the Foggy Bottom Metro to go back to the airport. My son told me how good it was as he had stopped here last year and he told several people at the conference how good it was. I wasn't disappointed. Their Six Dollar burger the way you want it was very good to the last bite. Their fries were good also. I skipped the shakes, but have heard they are worth stopping by for also.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Walked a good 20 minutes to find this landmark institution, but perhaps because of the many excellent reviews, I went away a bit disappointed. The beef is excellent and the burgers are of generous size. But I didn't care much for the "house blend" sauce; would have much preferred a simple burger with basic fixings. My advice to diners would be to opt out of the "special sauce" unless you're adventureous and want to give it a try. The place was packed when I visited, and I had to squeeze onto a bar stool without enough space to be comfortable. They do have a very nice selection of nearly two dozen quality craft beers on tap. Friendly attentive waiters.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

These burgers caused a bit of a commotion with a side of drooling while waiting in line for a free concert during the Inauguration at the JFK Center of the Performing Arts. We had two hours to kill followed by another 4 hours until the concert ended, so I volunteered to go in search for better food options than vendor snacks and box lunches. Ta da . . . . Burger, Tap & Shake!

The burgers were top notch and sooooo fresh! This was a welcomed break from foul fast food. I had a chicken burger. That's right a chicken burger done with all the fixin' of a regular burger and just as juicy! The buns were soft, the toppings fresh and plentiful. We were satisfied without feeling heavy or hungry an hour later. My only regret was missing out on trying their shakes: pomegrante! I don't know if I am going back to the Kennedy Center, but I am going back to Burger Tap & Shake!

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We were given this place as a recommendation and im glad we took it. We were after a quick and small lunch so my boyfriend and i shared a burger, fries and choc shake. The burger was great, and the service was excellent. The food came out quickly and was eaten even quicker. They have a nice selection of sauces to have and there was a great selection of beers and "adult" shakes to have! Give it a try! It will be sure to suprise!

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife said the shakes are as good as Baskin-Robins. My 8-year-old son says the burgers are "not good, they are SUPERB!"