“Fantastic cupcakes! Other food a little pricey”

Sticky Fingers Bakery
Ranked #22 of 60 Bakeries in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Columbia Heights
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were so excited to try Sticky Fingers when we went to DC. We're lactovegetarian and we can only rarely get dessert at a regular restaurant. And, it's always fun to be able to order anything off the menu. We were a little disappointed that the sandwiches (my husband got the Altuna melt and I got the chick'n wrap) didn't come with anything and were $9. It seemed a little pricey to us. We thought they should at least throw in some chips or a small salad.
We also got four cupcakes and a "little devil" to share. Everything was great, but the carrot and coconut cupcakes were AMAZING!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It actually pains me to write this review. I visit this place two to three times a week, whether I am getting a sticky bun or a wrap or a tea. OK a big disappointment lately on my regular lunch. Last Monday, March 18, I ordered my usual Chicken Ranch Wrap to go, when I got home, I found that the tofu chicken is dry, and there was no sauce (or binder) in the wrap, normally there is a white colour mayo kind of sauce. Then when I bought my usual sticky bun on Friday, there was a knob of sugar in the middle of the sticky bun. Ooh la la! What is going on?? This cannot be happening. This is an extension of my own kitchen. Please improve, I want the old food quality back!!

I would have give it a one star, but there is a new Caramel Bun that comes out, and is amazing! I tried it on Sunday March 24, so I am giving it a 2 stars.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although they do have some of the best vegan cupcakes in DC, I always come here for breakfast. Their pancakes and French toast are excellent. They also have the largest selection of vegan cupcakes that I've ever seen. And, they're not dry like some places.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

While visiting DC we made a special trip over to Sticky Fingers. Definitely worth the trip. Purchased cupcakes, cookie, brownie, sticky bun and grilled cheez sandwich. Everything was yummy. Quick service and nice variety. Only downside is the cost. We visited here specifically for vegan treats. I would visit again when we could sit down an enjoy a meal.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The baked goods, especially the vegan cupcakes, are to die for! Tasty treats at reasonable prices. Perfect spot for compassionate animal advocates.

1  Thank Brian V