“I was the first to review this place, now dissapointed”
Review of The Sweet Lobby

The Sweet Lobby
Ranked #49 of 57 Bakeries in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I was the first to review this place, now dissapointed”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I bought into the earlier hype, but at the time this place was great. The flavors were innovative, the icing fluffy, the packaging, super cute. But as time has gone by, I no longer stand by my earlier review. The flavors, although still innovative, don't change as much. And in my opinion something has changed in the flavor of the cupcake/icing. What was once fluffy and flavorful is now thick, glop of cutely manicured butter on top of a so-so cake. I wonder if this has to do with their worldwide shipping of the product which would call for a more 'shelf-stable' icing. Although the location is convenient, this is no longer my go-to cupcake place. For that I have to head to 7th Street.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MandyPandy111

Floral Park, New York
“It's worth the hype...for macarons”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I initially went here for the cupcakes, which overall I really wasn't impressed with.I went here twice, because they have a rotating schedule for certain cupcakes and I wanted to make sure I tried a few before I wrote a review. I tasted several different cupcakes including the blueberry cheesecake (fave), caramel apple (eh), mango cream (tasteless), pineapple inside out (uh uh), chocolate vanilla (disappointed). As far as cupcake go I probably wouldn't go back just for that. I tried waay too many macarons and my favorites were the hazelnut praline, salted caramel, orange ginger and earl gray. Next time I'm in DC I'll pick up a dozen macarons.

• Visited July 2013
Beltsville
“Good macaroons and tasty cupcakes”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend came to visit the area over 4th of July weekend from Alabama. One of her stops had to be Sweet Lobby, as seen on the Food Network. She ordered 4 cupcakes and some macaroons. I ordered one Vanilla macaroon, a peanut butter and jelly cupcake and mint chocolate cupcake. All three items were really good. I must say I am not a cupcake connoisseur so I am not able to rate my experience against another. Overall, the treats served it's purpose and that was satisfy my sweet tooth.

• Visited July 2013
Boston, MA
“Sweet Heaven”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped by this shop by accident while in DC. Me and my cousin read it won Cupcake Wars from Food Network, so thought we'd try it out. I never had a grean tea cupcake and I love green tea. We ordered the green tea and 3 other cupcakes. I also tried my 1st macaron! It was a bit too sweet for my taste. Nonetheless, the cupcakes were good and we bought more back to our home city!

• Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Don't see the HYPE!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This review is strictly based on the cupcakes & not the macaroons. I am not a big fan of macaroons but The Sweet Lobby apparently won a Food Network contest so I decided to check it out. I tried the Red Velvet & the Fire Breathing Chocolate Cupcake! I was not impressed. Both cupcakes were dry and lacking in flavored. I have definitely had better cupcakes and these were nothing special. Sorry but I don't get the hype.

Visited January 2013