“If you love seafood, this place is great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hot N Juicy crawfish
Ranked #186 of 3,188 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“If you love seafood, this place is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the name fool you. You don't have to love crawfish to love it here. And you can be faint of heart on the spice meter, too.

They offer a range of seafood, fried, steamed, raw. Oysters, shrimp, crab, and, of course, crawfish. As well as interesting sides, soft drinks, beer, and a bar.

The spices come in several varieties, from a garlic butter, to to the hot n juicy. And even then you have to declare how potent you want the sauce. I'm a lightweight, so I order "baby spice." But the scale goes up from there; if you can take it hot n juicy, they can dish it up!

Yes, it's busy, so try to go on either side of the lunch/dinner rush. It's messy but they put you in a bib, with a roll of paper towels.

The food is delicious. And be sure to try the corn fritters. To die for.

I'd only add two things to the menu: sweet tea, and a few southern desserts. Otherwise, perfection!

• Visited August 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious Seafood, Good Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Man vs Food ate here. The seafood is served steamed in a plastic bag with flavorful sauce. You pick the level of spicy. I've never had crawfish & wanted to taste it. They were good, but a lot of work for little meat. You have to try the hot n juicy shrimp & corn fritters! My husband and I ate a pound of shrimp (mild) and a pound of crawfish (medium...which was very spicy for me & I like spicy food), corn fritters & Coronas for only $36. Good casual dining experience with a friendly waitstaff. Try it out.

Livermore, California
“An excellent eat for a tourist area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We found this restaurant while riding the Big Bus Tour. My daughter, who is fond of crawfish (Boiling Crab restaurant in San Jose, Ca), spotted this restaurant. We have not had a good meal yet since we've been here three days ago. On the way back, we decided to get off on that street. The sauce was Luisiana style thick and well spiced. Price was comparable to the price back home in the business/residential area in the Bay Area unlike the other restaurants in DC that were way over priced. The waitress was very nice. She asked us about the sausage in the mixture, but for some reason, we were not given any (we did not really care for it). She insisted that we should try it, so she just gave us a to go box so we could taste it. We would definitely come back here again on our next visit.

Jordan
“Finger licking food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

the fried shrimp basket is excellent...I had one pound temptation shrimp with Hot N Spicy seasoning and extra spicy sauce...so yummy...they serve you the food in a plastic bag and you just peel, eat, and lick your fingers...so yummy... too bad though yesterday they were out of king crabs, out of lobsters, out of tequila...would definitely recommend it....would be nice though if the bathrooms were kept a bit cleaner!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Grand Rapids, MI
“A total caveman experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was such a memorable place from a prior trip to DC that I just had to go back. As before, I got the "experience" selection with Louisiana sauce and medium spice. 1 lb crawfish, 1 lb shrimp and 1 lb Andouille sausage with 2 half corn cobs and 2 medium potatoes. Comes in a bag with a bucket. Utensils are what you wore on your hands when you walked in... and a paper towel roll. Afterwards, I can only say that I'll be back ... it delivered on what I needed! Christine was my wait staff and she did a great job tying on the bib and providing the occasional fire-quencher.