“I liked it! GREAT Burgers”

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #396 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a handful of times for at different times of day each time. FOOD: is consistently good quality and made to order. My favorite is Bobby's Blue Burger cooked medium well, (It comes with melted cheese, cheese crumbles, and two trips of bacon), a side of Onion rings (which don't pull apart when you bite them) and french fry sauce on the side because the sauce is so good but doesn't automatically come with the onion rings. STAFF have always been friendly and attentive. MUSIC is hip but not annoying and at a level that makes conversing easy. I've experienced a variety of music in the background and like all of it. ATMOSPHERE is retro 70's; hip without going overboard. Reminds me of a really nice roadside diner with urban twist. I like the layout: immovable swivel chairs (with foot rests) sit at the counter that curves from the front of the diner to the back or at individual tables of varying length. You have a choice of perfect spots from which to choose. BBP is definitely one of the best burger places in town.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went here as we had heard good things abuot it. My son lives at BTS (Burger Tap Shake) down the street, so we figured we would try this out. My wife had the Napa, daughter the LA ( with guac), my son the mex special and I had the Dallas. All assembled and cooked to order, but not a flavorful as we would have expected. The fry order was tasty but small. the shakes were ok, not great. the layout of the place was pretty good. Would not go back

Reviewed October 13, 2013

One of the best burger places in DC! The "crunchify" (with potato chips on your burger) sets it a part. The Miami burger is awesome!! Very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Had the dallas burger and it was one of the best burgers I've ever had. Love all the sauces to choose from.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Far and away this was the worst part of our trip. We walked 7-8 long blocks to get to this restaurant, but I wish I had saved my strength and actually hada pleasant meal instead. When I read the other reviews, I can hardly believe that we went to the same restaurant.

Most important part, the actual burger, was terrible. I wanted my burger well cooked, and it actually had ashes on the burger, but STILL was slightly pink inside. (I believe they must have flash cooked it). Plus, I ordered 4 items on the burger, they only put one of them on it. I had to send the burger back to get the others.

They didn't send out any mayonnaise to put on the burger, either. I had to ask fro that, too.

The sweet potato fries were fine, but the mustard sauce they give you to dip them in had an "off" taste. Pretty strange, I don't know if it's some kind of exotic seasoning, or if it had just gone bad.

The total bill for 2 burgers and 1 SP fries was $18. (we had water to drink) I don't think that would be too high a price, had the burgers been passable, but as is, I feel cheated out of $18.

Also, the decor was like a McDonald's---nothing imaginative or inviting. Lots of bright orange and I guess a 60's look, although nothing original.

Bobby Flay is off the charts with great grilling when I see him on TV, but he didn't apply any of his creativity to his food or his place.