“Biggest disappointment in DC” 1 of 5 bubbles

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #296 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Alabama
“Biggest disappointment in DC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Far and away this was the worst part of our trip. We walked 7-8 long blocks to get to this restaurant, but I wish I had saved my strength and actually hada pleasant meal instead. When I read the other reviews, I can hardly believe that we went to the same restaurant.

Most important part, the actual burger, was terrible. I wanted my burger well cooked, and it actually had ashes on the burger, but STILL was slightly pink inside. (I believe they must have flash cooked it). Plus, I ordered 4 items on the burger, they only put one of them on it. I had to send the burger back to get the others.

They didn't send out any mayonnaise to put on the burger, either. I had to ask fro that, too.

The sweet potato fries were fine, but the mustard sauce they give you to dip them in had an "off" taste. Pretty strange, I don't know if it's some kind of exotic seasoning, or if it had just gone bad.

The total bill for 2 burgers and 1 SP fries was $18. (we had water to drink) I don't think that would be too high a price, had the burgers been passable, but as is, I feel cheated out of $18.

Also, the decor was like a McDonald's---nothing imaginative or inviting. Lots of bright orange and I guess a 60's look, although nothing original.

Bobby Flay is off the charts with great grilling when I see him on TV, but he didn't apply any of his creativity to his food or his place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

virginia
“Burger is good-speciality is fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I went there this week for a late afternoon lunch. The burgers were juicy and fixed correctly. We wanted it medium and they met the goal. We had sweet potato fries and they were good as well. we had ice tea to drink.
My wife like the crunch burger with potato chips on it as well. I had the Carolina BBq burger which was the special in August. It was almost too juicy!! That was the problem with it.
Decour and location are fine. A few blocks from the Foggy Bottom- GWU station on the Metro. Overall a decent value for DC.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orange, California
“Great Burger Place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Coming from CA we do not have any Bobby Flay restaurants. I love Bobby on Food Network and was eager to go to one of his restaurants. The menu was very good the prices were too. I tweeted a picture to Bobby to show him the burger. It was very good.

Visited August 2013
La Canada Flintridge, CA
“Tasty burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very good quality ingredients, and fresh tasting. The burgers are creative, and the milkshakes are good too. Nice casual but upscale dining area, considering that you order at the counter. Both the regular and sweet potato fries were prepared well - crispy and delicious. Onion rings also pretty good. Not a bad value, particularly for the kids value meal.

Visited August 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Burger, Great Value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had the Crunch Burger and it was outstanding, needed no Ketchup or other condiments as it was perfectly seasoned! I had the Onion Rings, not my favorite...the order came with 4 very large rings which did not allow for them to be crispy as I like them. The fries were great as was the Vanilla Bean Milkshake!

Visited July 2013