“Simply A Better Burger”

Ranked #396 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We happened to be passing BBP on K Street in DC and decided to give it a try. REALLY glad we did. Bobby does not disappoint. The decor is very well thought out (as is everything in this place); the people are well trained, courteous and friendly; but it all get's down to the burger. You can get them done the way you like, unlike most burger places. Everything is super fresh and piping hot when served. Recommend the the sweet potato fries with a great wasaby based sweet dipping sauce. At $6.75 for a classic cheeseburger, we thought it was a great deal All thumbs up!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were looking for a good burger that was not gourmet, yet also not fast food. Had a friend to recommend Bobby's Burger Palace and it was a hit. The burger was cooked to the temp as ordered, the beef was seasoned. The bun was slightly toasted, yet soft, but not steamed. It was great. My son had the signature burger with potato chips on the burger. We really enjoyed this burger place and will return when we are in DC or any other location.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I know DC is famous for (and I really like) FIVE GUYS.. but, it you are looking for a LOT of sophistication in your Burger, this is the place to go! A tad expensive ($50 for family of 4) but well worth it and keeps you full for a while! You will need it for all the walking in DC!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We go to Bobby's once or twice a month. Why do we bother (it's out of the way for us)? The burgers are just better than at fast food restaurants. I like the L.A. Burger, which has guacamole (it is always fresh), cheese, tomato slice, and watercress. I like it so much that I've failed to try any of the others they offer! The sweet potato fries are good too. The burgers are cooked to order, and they do special requests (no bun, medium well, etc.) quite well. Also, the staff, while not all equally great, are quite responsive. Once I turned up and ordered burgers only to find that my wallet was still in the car with my husband, who was driving around trying to park. The person taking orders remembered me (!!!) and had our burgers made up for us and let me start to eat BEFORE WE PAID. In D.C., normally not the friendliest place! That's super!
Downside: Sometimes I've ordered a burger cooked medium and had it come out totally bloody. I've had an overly tip-conscious server bother us egregiously. Bobby Flay seems to really believe that "le sauce c'est tout", so his sauces are sitting around everywhere in unsanitary plastic squirt bottles -- we ignore those. The music is FAR TOO LOUD, so it's a good thing the burgers are tasty.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just couldn't decide where to go our last day, but then I found BBP. What a great place -- delicious shakes and wonderful burgers. The whole family enjoyed it. We played a lot with the sauces although the kids felt a bit left out since their palates didn't accomodate the spicy ones. Great shakes. Reasonably priced and sized.