“The most fun you could have in DC”

Private DC Segway Tours
Ranked #32 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Private DC Segway Tours allows you to see and experience more without the distraction of a large group. We specialize in small group tours. Your guide will take photographs of you with beautiful Washington DC in the background, so bring your camera or camera phone. Without the distraction of others we are able to glide smoother and more streamline from one site to the next.
Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“The most fun you could have in DC”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wow. What a way to see this beautiful city. We have travelled around the world to many cities and this was the best tourist thing we have ever done. Corey and Darnell spent quite a bit of time making sure my husband and I were competent on the Segways before we ventured off. I must admit I was quite nervous when we stared learning, but they will not leave until you are confident. I was really surprised that the tour included just my husband and I, and to have 2 guides made our learning one on one so easy. Once we got going, it was just so much fun. Corey navigates the crowds so well, and clears the path for you through the many tourists. We saw all the major sights, and Corey's narration with good humour and wit, make the tour so much more interesting. To walk to all these sights would take all day, but to cover everything on the segway in 3 fun hours is definitely the way to see DC. We definitely wished we had one the following day when we walked to Arlington cemetery. Thank you Corey and Darnell for your professional guide around DC.

2 Thank EddiOZ

Tulsa, Oklahoma
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great way to see DC”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoyed our Segway experience! We trained for quite a while,before going on our tour which was boring waiting our turn. But after getting out and maneuvering around the crowds, I realized the importance of the intense training! We saw it all and were able to get off our segways to take pictures and see the things we wanted to. I highly recommend this fun ride through the historical sights of DC!

Mississauga, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best part of my entire trip!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The tour guides were excellent. I had so much fun on this tour and learning to use the segways was amazing!

Visited October 2012
“Awesome way to roll around the USA capital”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Myself and my wife just completed a DC segway tour with Corey as our guide, It was a perfect way to get around and see the vast amount of monuments and worthwhile tourists sites. Corey is great as a private guide, he has a wealth of information and a lot more depth then the stock standard info points. Corey and Darnel(excuse spelling) take great time and personal care to make sure you feel safe and in complete control of your Segway before the tour starts. We could have easily kept rolling around the capital for a couple more hours, but he manages to pack in everything we could think of in the three hour tour. I highly recommend this to aussies traveling who want to hear a lot more then the standard history tour about important people and events in American history.

Darmstadt, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Cherry blossoms and more”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

During my trip to the East Coast last week I ended up with an extra half day in Washington, a hot day at the peak of the cherry blossom season. Looking for a way to combine sightseeing at the mall with the freedom to set my own schedule and spend time staring at those cherry trees I found the reviews of Private DC Segway Tours on tripadvisor and contacted them for a late afternoon start time for the Deluxe Tour B. Corey was my guide and excellent teacher (my first time on a Segway). I felt surprisingly safe and comfortable zipping up and down the mall and enjoyed a fun three hours with many interesting conversations along the way. I fully recommend Private DC Segway Tours, and Corey in particular, as a way so experience the Washington mall for anyone with limited time and the desire to stay out of the tour crowds.