“Cherry blossoms and more”

Private DC Segway Tours
Ranked #34 of 147 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Private DC Segway Tours allows you to see and experience more without the distraction of a large group. We specialize in small group tours. Your guide will take photographs of you with beautiful Washington DC in the background, so bring your camera or camera phone. Without the distraction of others we are able to glide smoother and more streamline from one site to the next.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

During my trip to the East Coast last week I ended up with an extra half day in Washington, a hot day at the peak of the cherry blossom season. Looking for a way to combine sightseeing at the mall with the freedom to set my own schedule and spend time staring at those cherry trees I found the reviews of Private DC Segway Tours on tripadvisor and contacted them for a late afternoon start time for the Deluxe Tour B. Corey was my guide and excellent teacher (my first time on a Segway). I felt surprisingly safe and comfortable zipping up and down the mall and enjoyed a fun three hours with many interesting conversations along the way. I fully recommend Private DC Segway Tours, and Corey in particular, as a way so experience the Washington mall for anyone with limited time and the desire to stay out of the tour crowds.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I highly recommend Private DC Segway Tours. When I first arrived at the designated meeting point (corner of 15th St. & Constitution) and saw they were working out of a van - I have to admit I was a little concerned because I expected a permanent facility like most businesses. Corey and his associate (forgot her name) quickly made me feel comfortable with their friendly greetings and their emphasis on very comprehensive safety training prior to taking the tour. 6 guests where on the tour and they spent 1 hour and 20 minutes training all of us on proper and safe operation of the segways. I learned later they spent so much time when we hit the tour and found outselves amongest thousands of walking tourists that became an obstacle course to navigate. But the solid training gave us all 100% control and we were able to negotiate the crowds easily. We parked the segways regularly throughout the tour to get up close and personal with many of the sites. The seaway riding became quite FUN and when it was over I really didn't want to stop riding. Definitely sign up for the full tour because it includes the trip all the way to the capitol where we had plenty of room to ride freely without crowds and strut our new found segway driving talents. My wife and I can definite recommend highly the Private DC Segway Tours - especially of Corey is leading. He was great - very knowledgeable able all the historic sites with lots of little known facts.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Loved this tour. No way could we have seen so much in a day. We tool the 3 hour tour and packed a ton in to it with out feeling rushed. We saw everything as said on the website. Corey was fun and knowledgeable. I learned several things I didn't know. Corey and Darnell made sure we would be safe prior to getting us out on the streets which was good because we were there during the busiest time of the year - Cherry Blossom Festival. Was so worth the money and we would definitely do it again. This is a great idea for families with teenagers! Mine loved it!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really had a tough time deciding between this one and the other Segway tours in DC, and I am so glad I decided to go with DC Segway Tours. First the person that took my reservation was so nice and helpful. Second, we had one lady in our group that was a little scared and the instructor took his time to help her. She was quite the challenge for him, but he took his time and made her feel confident and in no time she got the hang of it. Loved this tour and would do it again....it is the best way to get an overview.

1  Thank Sonya2866
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Corey and Darnell are knowledgeable, professional, patient and very safety conscious. They took the time to ensure that everyone could safely and confidently navigate through the crowds before we set off on the tour.

We took the 3 hour tour and it was great to have Corey's unique perspective of US historical facts about the buildings and memorials. Highly recommended and well worth the price.