“Segway night tour”

Private DC Segway Tours
Ranked #26 of 139 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Private DC Segway Tours allows you to see and experience more without the distraction of a large group. We specialize in small group tours. Your guide will take photographs of you with beautiful Washington DC in the background, so bring your camera or camera phone. Without the distraction of others we are able to glide smoother and more streamline from one site to the next.
Benton, Kentucky
“Segway night tour”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our Segway tour. Corey was a wonderful guide; full of enthusiasm and history. Loved the thoughtful and fun way he interacted with the walkers we had to pass through. It took me a little bit to catch on to stopping, but he was a great teacher. I would highly recommend the night tour with Corey to anyone.

Lake Stevens, Washington
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“This is the best way to see DC, amazing 3 hour tour!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My family and I took this tour, my son and I had never been on a segway before. It's easy to learn how to ride one, but Corey and Darnell make sure (you practice with them first) you know what to do before you go on tour. And what a GREAT tour it was! Corey took us to all the major monuments, and a few we didn't even know about. We stopped for pictures, he had us get OFF the segways and ROAM around quite a few of them (like the Vietnam and Korean memorials, the Jefferson, MLK and Lincoln memorials, FDR's, etc and bathrooms too) So this was not a "whiz by" tour. There would have been no way for us to see and do all that we did without this tour! And as mentioned in other reviews, Corey has a wealth of information about DC that he shares along the way. We only had 6 including Corey in our tour, we felt very safe with him the whole time. We would like to do it again!

Washington. DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best DC Tour Hands Down”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Make sure that you take the tour with Corey to have the best experience. I have lived in and around DC for 30 years and learned more on this tour than I ever have from any class or other learning experience. A must for visitors and residents!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank echap2
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Corey Was AMAZING!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This segway tour was done on the last day of our stay and the highlight of our DC trip. Corey made it fun, personable, and educational! Our party of three (four counting Corey) would pass other segway groups that would have to move much slower due to so many people which also limits where you can travel-- travleing down Pennsylvania Avenue during rush hour was a hoot! Professional both on the phone when making reservations as well as during the entire tour. Highly recommend this to people of all ages. The three of us are in our 50's and had a blast!

Tacoma, WA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Very fun! Worth every $$”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Considering the distances between monuments I cannot imagine walking to see all of them, especially in the summer heat, and taking a tour bus with 50 other people is not our kind of tour either.

My wife and I along with our two Goddaughters (19 & 20 years old) from London, England did the two hour evening tour with Corey, last night, we saw pretty much everything in the National Mall area on the tour. Our Goddaughters said it was the highlight of their 10 day New York City/Washington, DC vacation with us (well maybe after shopping in NYC..).

We are both in our mid-fifties and I will admit learning how to ride a Segway was a little intimidating to begin with, especially for my wife, but Corey was very patient, working with each of us individually, showing us how to turn, start, stop, go forward and backwards, of course the 19 & 20 year old girls picked it up in 5 minutes, it took a good 15 minutes each for us old folks to learn but Corey would not start the tour until we each felt comfortable on the Segway’s.

There was a total of six tourists plus Corey in our group, which was a perfect size. Corey is an excellent guide, stopping at all the main monuments and memorials and explaining the history and interesting tidbits about them. At every stop worth taking a picture, he would take our cameras and get us to pose on our Segway’s in front of a monument and take our picture. Most monuments/memorials we could off mount and go explore the site on our own for five minutes and take more pictures. Everywhere we went as we rode up we heard comments “There goes some smart people.” implying they were very tired of all the walking and wished they could just jump on and ride to the next monument.

Well that is about it, I really recommend Private DC Segway Tours for everyone.