“DC Tour”

Private DC Segway Tours
Ranked #33 of 149 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Private DC Segway Tours allows you to see and experience more without the distraction of a large group. We specialize in small group tours. Your guide will take photographs of you with beautiful Washington DC in the background, so bring your camera or camera phone. Without the distraction of others we are able to glide smoother and more streamline from one site to the next.
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Our tour with Corey and DC seway was the highlight of our trip. It was a lot of fun and the guide made it exciting and interesting. i would highly recommend the tour to anyone visiting DC.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Four of us took a Private Segway tour of the D.C. Mall. It was the most fun of our entire stay in D.C. Not only was the Segway ride alot of fun, it cut the walking time and distance on the Mall tremendously. An all day very very long walk turned into a very fun unique easy way to visit all the memorials on the National Mall in about 2 1/2 hours. I can't recomend it high enough. Corey, our tour guide was knowledgable, interesting, patient and very concerned for our safety. He spent whatever time we needed teaching us to ride the Segways safely. At the end of the tour we were'nt ready to quit but we had seen all that was on the Mall. No one in our group had riden a Segway before but we all learned quickly. It was so easy. If you don't take a Segway Tour, you have truly missed out on experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Thanks Toure we could not have had a better time! Your tour was the highlight of our trip to DC. My 16yr old daughter is still talking about it!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I'd already seen many of the monuments, so i was mostly looking forward to trying a Segway. And the Segway was not only even more fun than I hoped but also the perfect way to get around and see everything. None of that, "I can't walk another half mile just to see another statue/building/monument" argument with your feet! Swooping around the city was just awesome.

As stated in other reviews, Corey was patient and knowledgable. I was surprised and a little disappointed that our group of four was joined by another couple after being assured that it would be a "private" tour, but it wasn't an issue.

As the morning ended and a busy Saturday tourist day got crowded, some of the oohs and aahs and "we gotta do thats" turned to grumbles as Corey parted the crowds for us to scoot through, and we used both sidewalks and roads to keep moving along. I don't know which pedestrian and vehicle laws are supposed to apply to Segways, but it's clear that we were flauting some of both. So I'd recommend trying for a less-crowded day if possible, or at least morning before the largest crowds arrive. At any time, though, it's still an experience that shouldn't be missed, and well worth the money.

(And I so very much want my own Segway now, even though I can't figure out what I'd use it for other than going out to the mailbox!)

See more reviews
Reviewed March 30, 2012

So, I have lived in Washington DC for almost a year and visited here many times. However, walking to all the monuments is a tough long day. Corey and the DC Segway tour was the only way to see it. In less than two and a half hours, we saw all the monuments. The Segway was easy to get the hang of after about ten minutes, we were all flying around the mall. Many many people watched with jealously as we flew by and took in the sites. This is the only way to see DC---especially as the heat of the summer approaches. I highly recommend DC Segway Tours and plan to do it again as soon as some other friends come to visit.

1  Thank David B