“MLK today”

$75.00*
DC Monuments and Memorials Pedicab Tour
Ranked #15 of 461 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This my first visit and it was at night. I liked everything except Dr king's glowering expression. My memory of him was more genial.
My only thought is that he was glowering in the direction of .Jefferson's memorial who despite his words hypocritically did not free his slaves.
I was particularly taken by the symbolism of king's sculpture carved out of the solid mountain...well done

Write a ReviewReviews (4,673)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The statue is very moving. Although many people have not liked the statue, and have said that it was not a good likeness of Dr. King, I thought that it was very life like, and moving. I met Dr. King, and thought that it was a very good likeness of him in his early years. The quotations were perfect, and made you stop to contemplate them. A great job!

1  Thank memphistraveller214
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The monument is quite impressive upon first view. This is definitely something that families should visit with their kids. This is a great activity to do on a summer vacation or spring break vacation along with the other historical sites in the area.

1  Thank Dynamitetravel
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went fairly early on a Monday, not too many people. The memorial is waterside and has several famous quotes etched in a marble wall which surrounds the King statue. I think its a nice addition to the National monuments.

1  Thank TonyaEl
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I saw the memorial last month and we liked it. When you read all the quotes that are on the wall that were spoken by Dr King it gives you a moment to reflect back on how far our country has come. Dr King was ahead of his time; a wise man.

1  Thank travelgirl5755