“I'm surprised by the other reviews”
Review of Station 4

Station 4
Reserve with OpenTable
Station 4 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #470 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M street
Transit: two steps from Waterfront Metro Station /Green Line
Description: A New American bistro-style restaurant
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“I'm surprised by the other reviews”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went once for dinner and once for drinks, had a great experience both times, the service was fast and friendly, the food was very good. It was a tad loud, a little bit dark, a little pricey perhaps but overall we liked it very much. Maybe we just got lucky, based on what others had to say it seems like a very hit-or-miss experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ToddW22

NYC
“Ugh!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had reservations before the Janis Joplin show a couple of blocks away at the arena. Tried to have a relaxing drink at the bar..no seats and it was VERY loud. Decided to go to the table. Had reservations for at least a week..got a crappy table right by the front door..all the other tables were "reserved"..I said to the snippy guy at the door."so we also reserved". He said sorry, that's all we have. Totally unimpressed by the menu. My husband had a beet salad as an appetizer and thought it was good..I had an "heirloom tomato salad with mozzarella". They were grape tomatoes, nothing heirloom about them, and the mozzarellas was runny and awful. I was excited to order crab cakes..I saw that they contained some bacon and I said "no bacon"..the waiter said "its already in the mix". Who puts bacon in crab cakes????? So there was nothing else appealing on the menu and I had corn chowder for the main course! My husband had pasta shaped like calamari which was too spicy with huge capers with the stems still on them..he said it was OK. I would definitely not return there..If we had known the area better we would have left to go somewhere else. And, it was not cheap.

Frederick
“Walk On By....”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a stellar waitress. Let's hope she can find a job elsewhere.
Beyond loud, walk on by if you want to be able to talk to your dining companions!
Poor service, walk on by if you expect everybody's food to arrive at the same time. Even the people at the table next to me laughed when my sorbet fell off the serving plate onto the floor as the waiter delivered it!
Ok food, walk on by because better can be found in many other places.
One cannot help but wonder why this place was jam-packed?

• Visited July 2013
“Good Eating at lunchtime on M Street at the Waterfront”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Steel and glass bistro style eatery, so the atmosphere is good. It was Friday noon...not a big lunch crowd...so noise level was good also...There were 7 of us...orders were taken with efficiency...the waiter pleasant...although two of us came late, meals for all were delivered at the same time...Mostly sandwiches with either fries or side garden salad...cubans, ruebens, crab cake, brisket etc....all fresh meats and vegetables...good but not spectacular...sort of cookie cutter, assembly line made than chef inspired but altogether a satisfactory experience that I will repeat and recommend to others.

Bethesda, Maryland
“What a surprise”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We happened to come across this restaurant after going to the theater a few blocks away. We were immediately taken by this restaurant based on its decor. It was very contemporary and chic- New York trendy which for us is a complement. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Our waiter suggested the sea food special and it was scrumptious. My girlfriend had the grilled vegetables as her entree and she said it was the best she ever had. Needless to say, we will be back and sent texts to our friends relating our experience!