Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Ritz Carlton. The location is great and the standard of the room was very high. The bed was comfortable, there was lots of closet space (and enough hangers), and the bathroom was a particular plus point - I liked that there was a large tub as well as a separate powerful shower.
All of the staff that I dealt with, without exception, were wonderful. This included the front desk, the doormen and the room service team. They went out of their way to be polite and helpful.
The only small complaints relate to the price of the ancillaries. I ordered in-room wifi and although the internet was down for at least 4 hours when I needed it, I was still charged for it at check-out. (This was despite having reported the problem and been assured that an engineer was looking at it.) I was surprised that the hotel did not offer to comp the additional charge given the inadequacy of the service. The other thing was that I ordered one cup of peppermint tea from room service for which I was charged c.$14.00. Not the end of the world, but just as a matter of principle I think $14 is an almost offensive amount to charge for a cup of tea!
I only mention these examples because I think it's a real shame when hotels that are otherwise excellent seem to be prepared to erode a degree of customer goodwill for the sake of a couple of dollars here and there. But I would probably stay at the Ritz again, and overall I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc