“Lovely”

Ranked #19 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Richmond, Virginia
“Lovely”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

When you book a room at the Ritz, you have certain expectations about the service and room experience. You'll find this property meets those expectations.

Service throughout the stay was spot on. Gracious, curious, efficient.

The rooms are lovely, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Ritz is located near the Washington circle and within walking distance to the White House and the National Mall area. I went here on a business trip with a group and could not see as much as I would have liked to. Also the bitterly cold weather restricted the walks around town. The rooms here are quite spacious compared to the NY hotels. They also have a club lounge area which we were given free access to. The club lounge served you breakfasts and light snacks/desserts throughout the day. We enjoyed all our meals, especially the variety of cheese served for breakfast. The staff is also courteous, as you expect from a place like this. All in all, a very good place to stay in DC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A really superb hotel just off "K" St. lobbying row or close to the Capitol. Not overwhelming on the outside but very, very nice inside. It's a smaller RC with cozy places for drinks, a meeting, or for your business group to stay. Super service and RC renown facilities. Walk to a Don Shula's. Too bad Blackies closed a few years ago. Was a tremendous restaurant. You can walk to many DC sites...or drop down to GWU.

Room Tip: Get one facing the front
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I just returned home from an anniversary weekend way with my husband, our first since our children were born over 5 years ago. I had the most amazing experience in this luxury hotel that I thought I was in my own heaven! Our one bedroom suite was gorgeous, elegant, and relaxing. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning! The rooms were so quite I didn't hear any noise in the adjacent rooms. We purchased the additional food and drink package on the concierge level. It was worth it! The staff was very accommodating and personable, willing to go the extra mile to make you happy. The late night room service was quick and the burgers and fries were delicious! The cleaners were prompt and our clothing looked beautiful on our evenings out. The restaurant, The West End Bistro, was gorgeous! I appreciated the variety of foods as well as options for health conscience eating customers. When I get the opportunity to come back to DC I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here to feel like a queen away from my own castle! I truly am another happy customer, you made lasting memories for my husband and I for years to come!

• Stayed February 2014
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I hope that I have the opportunity to meet you on your next trip to DC.
Once again - I appreciate your comments - We are very proud of The Ritz-Carlton, Washington DC!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A fairly nondescript Ritz. Neighborhood is not terribly vibrant though you can walk to Georgetown. A fine spot for a small conference. Terrible HVAC - it's one of those thermostats that pretends to let you control it but it then simply resets to its program. Impossible to cool the room or to run the fan as a white noise generator - cycled on and off constantly so hard to sleep.
I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here and it doesn't ooze Ritz like some other locations. Very generic property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob S
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of the hotel. Your feedback is so important to me. I am having the HVAC in your room checked and serviced today as it should not cycle off when you sleep. I am so sorry that you were disrupted by this HVAC on/off cycle and I would be happy to discuss this with you.
I am also sorry that you didn't get to explore our lovely Westend Neighborhood. As you mentioned we are only 7 blocks to Georgetown - but we are also 7 short blocks from Dupont Circle, and only 8 blocks from Embassy Row - if you walk in the other direction for 9 blocks you reach the Mall and the LIncoln Memorial which is in fact cleaned and maintained by the ladies and gentlemen of the hotel. One street over are some hidden gems - The National Geographic Museum and The World Wildlife Fund. In the Spring guests can walk through the neighborhood and up connecticut avenue to the National Zoo in about 20 minutes. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again and show you all of the wonderful features of Washington's West End. Thank you again for staying with us. I appreciate your comments.
Elizabeth M
NJ
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am currently staying at the Ritz and couldn't wait to share my high level of satisfaction. Our visit actually started on an un-Ritz like note. Details are not as important as the immediate response by the front desk manager (Veema)who corrected the situation, and said to call if I needed anything else. We arrived very late and were hungry from our drive. Not only did they serve us their bar menu (great food) but the bartender went to the separate room service kitchen to get my son some buffalo chicken wings. The bar manager (Ryme) came over to check on us a couple of times and couldn't have been nicer. She even gave our daughter (a college student in DC) her card in case she needed anything when her family wasn't around.
My firm has had colleagues participate in Ritz Carlton training and it's abundantly clear to me why.
This Ritz makes you feel special.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. I am so glad that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel and that the team was able to create a memorable experience for you and your family. I hope that your son liked the Chicken wings - and I hope that you enjoyed your weekend with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Washington DC in the near future.
Hong Kong
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My daughter and I are here for a conference, and thought we would enjoy a nice hotel and spa while we are here. First as we arrived into the room, I went in to wash my hands and the trap fell out of the faucet when I turned the water on. Called the desk and there was no answer. Called the operator and there was no answer. Went down to the desk and told them. They sent maintenance. Then I tried to put my jewelry into the safe....it did not work. Frustrated I carried my jewelry to the conference, and told them about it this morning. Again, maintenance arrived and fixed it. While they were fixing it, I went down to the lounge to get some coffee and read the paper. Coffee was sitting out, I sat down, just as two employees working in the back bar area had a LOUD disagreement over the keys, and someone leaving them in his coat pocket so they could not open the drawer. This went on for over 10 minutes, at which time I left and took my coffee back up to room to sit while the maintenance crew worked on the safe. AVOID this hotel until they get it up and running like a RITZ should be run!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cepam
Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry about your experience. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you. Please feel free to contact me at 202-974-5502.
I do hope that you had the opportunity to enjoy the remainder of your stay and spend time in our beautiful city. I look forward to speaking to you.