“Excellent!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #20 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel! I was in DC for a two day conference (Oct 24-25) and my wife and two sons (12 yrs, 7 months) joined me to see the sites. Even-though we paid a conference hotel rate, we were provided an extra large hotel room (room 732) with two queen beds. We stayed for four nights. The room was perfect for our younger son because the entrance hall-way leading to the bedroom was a great place for him to sleep while we enjoyed some downtime. The staff were professional, kind and respectful. One day as we were leaving the hotel for site-seeing a member of the bell-staff gave our younger son a smaller golden-colored teddy bear (nice touch). The bell-staff were very friendly and helpful with bags and taxis. The hotel is relatively close to a metro stop. The only down-side to the hotel is no swimming pool for kids and I believe the fitness center is $15 per day for hotel guests. The Ritz Carlton should fix these inconveniences to be more family friendly and fitness friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DAEtravelers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

The room and facility as a whole were everything that I expect from a Ritz Carlton. However, the staff at this property were really special and made this an excellent stay. I would like to single out Samson on the Bell Staff who was very friendly and recognized us each time we came and went. Helena at breakfast was outstanding and went out of her way to help me with a travel issue. The breakfast buffet is very well done with some nice healthy choices. Finally, the Concierge was both very helpful and sensitive to cost in arranging transportation. The fitness facility is the best (even better than the Houstonian in Houston) that I have ever used at a hotel. I will return just to have access to the fitness center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Really like this hotel. I have an emotional bond to the property. Beautiful room on the Club level, perfect amenities (loved the bathroom amenities on a Club room). Kind service. We loved the F&B presentations in the Club lounge. Very good cookies! You have to try them.

Room Tip: Do recommend paying the extra for the upgrade to Club Level. It is worth every penny!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank atl010684
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My African American friend talking on his phone apparently didn't fit securities feeling of who should be in the lobby. Security was too aggressive and harnessed my friend just because he was was black. Even the security guy was black - I can only assume. So unfortunate.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Kevin B
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One expects a high level of customer service from a better hotel. In our stay at The DC Ritz the staff exceeded all expectations. Lovely property, and a staff that go so far out of their way to help. Convenient location, comfortable rooms, excellent facilities.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wayne B
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Although many aspects of my stay were pleasant, I felt that my "premier" room was desperately in need of refurbishing. The club chair in my room appears well worn and filthy. The carpet showed wear and stains. They failed to refresh the coffee on the second day and failed the first night to provide the requested WSJ. I would not Tay here again until they undertake refreshing the worn aspects of the rooms.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FreqTravDaddy
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz-Carlton on 22nd Street in DC.

Well appointed, this hotel was average for the Ritz-Carlton brand, but I the service was hands down the best I have ever had. The front desk staff were superb and everyone from the bellhop to the hotel chef went out of their way to make my team and I feel at home.

I would highly recommend choosing this hotel when staying in DC for fun or business.

Room Tip: My room, unfortunately, faced another property under construction, but I could not hear a thing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business