First of all, I understand that the quality of service, and therefore the quality of a review, can differ from one reviewer to the next, but I can only relate what I experienced....and all I can say is that the service that my family experienced during our recent 4-night stay at this Ritz was unbelievably first class. At check-in, I had requested high-floor room w/king-size bed, and they put us on the top floor (11th). Also, as we were traveling with our 2-year old daughter. they rolled out a red Radio Flyer wagon filled with toys and had her choose one for her to keep. Housekeeping is always around on the floor, with two shifts (one from 9AM-4PM, and one from 4PM-10PM), right there when you need something, including copious amounts of extra bottled water (which you needed because of the humidity). We asked for a crib to be brought up to our room, and they had it up there with a little gift bag for the daughter. The biggest impression though came on the second to last day when I had gotten tired of carrying our daughter around, and inquired at the front desk if they had a stroller. After looking and informing me that they did not, the front desk girl said she knew of a place down the street that rented them by the day and could have one delivered. She took my cell phone number and said she would check how long it would take to get it (while we went to breakfast). Not 10 minutes later, she called saying that they had found us a stroller somewhere (I didn't care where they found it and I didn't ask) and had already placed it in our room.
Now I'm not saying that any of the bad reviews on here about this hotel are not true, but our stay was exceptional. The only negative thing I'd say is that the reviews saying that children under 16 cannot use the pool are correct.....but this is not the Ritz' fault. The Sports Club/LA owns/makes use of the second floor of the building, and all the people staying at the Ritz' use the Sports Club/LA's facilities. The rule about no children in the pool is a rule made by the Sports Club/LA, not the Ritz. Unfortunately, the Ritz has to follow this rule. I've been to other Ritz' and have never had a problem with children in the pool, so this negative aspect technically isn't a Ritz rule.....and should be isolated to only this particular Ritz. But other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc