Maybe it was the build-up to staying at the DC Ritz, but overall it was something of a let-down. It is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are large. The bathroom was beautiful. Nothing bad. But the shower did not drain (fixed it after I asked) and my room did not lock (had to ask twice). I was attending a conference that seemed to be a little bit more than their normal capacity, and the service had the feeling of being strained. Like having to ask twice for my door lock to be fixed.
But after I checked out, and considered the premium cost, I had to compare it to other places I have stayed in DC, from the Marriott to the Hampton Inn. There was nothing about the Ritz that warranted the premium. I don't think I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc