“Exceeded our expectations”

Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Austin, Texas
“Exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for a conference and were continually surprised by the exceptional service at this hotel. They did an excellent job anticipating and accommodating our needs, and I would rank this among the very best hotels we've experienced with respect to customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Memphis
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Typical Ritz quality hotel. Very elegant!! The lobby is small but there are a couple of entertaining floors. The hotel is pretty close to Marta, approximately 4 blocks next to GW hospital. The area is vagrant free, which is always a plus. I stayed on 5 floor which had some hard banging noises that appeared not to be construction. The room was very nice as usual, and every appeared new and fresh. Plenty of fluffy pillows. Separate shower was a plus. There was a Walgreens across the street

• Stayed November 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time that I stayed at a Ritz and it has convinced me to stay at a Ritz wherever I go. The staff made you feel very welcome. The service is attentive and courteous without being obsequious. The best part? After finishing the Marine Corps Marathon and returning to my room, there was a knock. At the door was a staff member with balloons and a personalized plaque with my name and marathon time congratulating me for finishing the marathon. Special touches like that just makes the stay so much more memorable!

• Stayed October 2012
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for the Marine Corp Marathon weekend 2012 and because of Hurricane Sandy ended up staying an additional night when our flight was cancelled. The staff at the Ritz are the best I have ever seen; they knew our names and what our trip was about. They bent over backwards to accomodate any need we might have and their attitudes were flawless. Prior to the race, they left encourgaging notes in our room and when we returned from the race there was a balloon bouquet with a framed congrats with our race time on it. We were very much impressed. During the hurricane, they kept us informed with information sheets in our rooms and offered assistance with travel issues. The conciege was able to get us a rental car, in the midst of a rental car frenzy, so we were able to drive home. I have stayed at a host of five star properties, but can honestly say that the staff at this hotel was by far the best I have experienced. This is the only place I will stay if in DC again. Thanks guys for your amazing work and attitudes

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank susanphill
Dulles, Virginia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Over the past year, I've stayed in over 25 hotels across the U.S. and around the world. The best experience I had was a four night stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Georgetown/Washington D.C. It started at the very beginning, as the staff made sure I didn't leave anything behind in the taxi, and then I was greeted by name with a cold drink at reception (even though I had never been there before!).

The hotel was conveniently located within walking distance or a short walk to the metro of where I needed to be. The staff really went out of their way to ensure that I had a wonderful experience in the hotel. I certainly plan on staying here on my next trip to Washington, and would certainly love to take my family the next time!

Many thanks to the Ritz staff for such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David S
Tashkent
Reviewed October 26, 2012

it was really a wonderful experience. The room was big, clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. In spite of it being a very fancy hotel, I never felt uncomfortable. The bathroom was just stunningly beautiful. Location was nice, close to State and Foggy Bottom.

The minuses are minor, and some are just typical of hotels of this caliber: no executive lounge, and the fabulous health club cost $15 per use. Very pricy breakfast. And the building is kind of ugly. But if you get the right rate and don't care about the free stuff--you'll love it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently visited the Ritz while my husband had a conference at the Convention Center. The hotel was comfortable, service was excellent and staff was very courteous. We liked the turndown service with water and chocolates every night, we also liked the afternoon snacks (m&m's, chocolate chip cookies, warm apple cider). The gym did cost an extra $15/ day - but it was really nice and well worth the extra expense. The little cafe next to the gym has really good smoothies. I did not go to the spa on this trip. The hotel is well situated, a short 10 minute walk to Georgetown shopping and about a 30 minute walk to The Mall/Smithsonian museums. Room service was quick and tasty. We did use the valet parking - very convenient, but pricey $50/day. The staff even got stuffed animals to take home to our children - very thoughtful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business