“Superb Honeymoon!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
Ranked #18 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Superb Honeymoon!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This review is a bit late, but we wanted you to know just how wonderful this property is! My husband and I spent our honeymoon here as would travel back in a heartbeat. Everything from the welcome at the front door to the rooms to the club lounge were superb. I would highly recommend the club lounge, as we typically used it as our breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the club level room we had was wonderful. The concierge was very helpful and could work miracles if we wanted to do something at the spur of the moment. The bar at the hotel was wonderful with an enjoyable atmosphere and staff. The location of this hotel is perfect for being a DC tourist...inbetween hip DuPont Circle and George Washington University (both have metro stations too!), a decent walk to Georgetown and downtown DC, and in the middle of a very vibrant and interesting area to explore. The only downside was the spa. We enjoyed a couples massage. While the service was very pleasant, the spa itself was very simple and almost an afterthought. It wasn't the type of facility you would think of when you think of "Ritz Carlton Spa." If I had known, we might not have spent the money for that TREATMENT...it was just that, not an EXPERIENCE. Overall, we would most definitely recommend this hotel and would book a trip here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time in DC. We were attending a medical conference and enjoyed our stay at the Ritz. I had taken my mobile hotspot with to access the Internet but ended using the hotel wifi. We got home and the mobile Internet device and the charger were missing. I called the lost and found and they could not find it. I called Verizon to try and track it but they could not. I called the Hotel and expressed my concern and they investigated and passed me over to their insurance claims office who proceed to tell I had no legal case. I did not make any notion about pursuing anything legally, I simply wanted to let them know that I did not expect something like that to happen at this caliber of a hotel. The insurance adjuster proceeded to insult me by telling me that I should have locked it in the locker and that according to DC law they are not responsible. Maybe I should also lock up my expensive wardrobe next time.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank SherSingh1
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our second staycation at this hotel -- once last Mother's Day as a babymoon, and this past weekend with our one-year old as her first mini vacay. We weren't sure how things would go with an on-the-move toddler at the Ritz, but actually, it was probably the best place we could have taken her. When we arrived, they presented her with a stuffed toy (one of three she received from staff), and there was a crib waiting in our room. They brought up a fridge for the room for her bottles (which I was stressed about), and they always had toys, crayons, or treats on hand for her. Even the staff at the lobby bar had a toy, a high chair, and a kid cup for her. We ate at Westend Bistro since we didn't feel like walking anywhere, and it was great. She had the ham mac n cheese (we might have helped finish it), and we tried a couple of new things. Everyone was so friendly and so welcoming that we never felt bad at all about bringing a toddler to the hotel. The hotel was pretty full (move-in weekend for the colleges in DC), but it was still really quiet in our room/our hall. You don't normally think of the Ritz as a family hotel, but actually it was a really great choice for us.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, which was lovely.
2 Thank jonesygrrl
DC, Beirut
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The location is fantastic. You can walk to Georgetown, Dupont, and the White House. Rooms have been renovated and are large and very clean. Staff are very friendly and it has the best gym in DC, the Sports Club LA.

The only problem is breakfast is very average. They use to have one of the best brunches in DC. Now they are not in the top 25. The coffee was very bad. In the past they had jazz in the lobby. They seem to have lost interest in doing this and rely on their outsourced Westend Bistro which is ok but not one of the best in DC.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I just returned from my fifth stay at this hotel and as usual it was a wonderful experience. My daughter goes to college in D.C. which gives me the oppportunity to visit several times a year. I love everything about this hotel. The location is amazing, the rooms are beautiful and the staff is friendly and extremely helpful. I recommend that you book a room facing the courtyard. The view is pretty and the rooms are very quiet. I really can't say enough about this hotel as an overall perfect place to stay in D.C.

Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I spent a week here and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Convenient locattion, helpful employees, quiet rooms, and very clean and comfy. The concierge was vey helpful when we were looking for options on things to do. The resturaunt has good service and food. The rooms were roomy, the beds comfy, and nice and quiet. Nice gym and pool as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely comments about your recent visit.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay - the service and facily and our wonderful
Westend Location.
I hope that you will visit us again soon.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Elizabeth
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

You won't find Bigfoot in the wild because he's spoiled on the Ritz. My stay here made me feel like royalty and I wouldn't have left either, but the outside world needed me. Sadly the outside world treats me like a baby treats a diaper, quite unlike the Ritz staff. They don't just spout questions as generic formalities - every last one of them went out of their way politely asking me all sorts of things to feel out ways to enhance my stay. Sincerity at its finest!
The lounge area reminded me of old gentlemen's clubs (not the stripper kind) with a languished ambiance. A little loud when crowded, of course, which kept me from dozing off in the low, amazingly comfortable chairs and couches. Wish I'd had a book, smoking pipe and several hours to kill in there.
Their West End Bistro was absolutely divine. The corn soup could kill and the entree portions were a pleasant surprise to a hungry foodie like myself (I left with a doggy-bag, a rare event for me) and the prices weren't as high as I'd expected - quite reasonable and certainly a place I'll visit again whether I'm staying at the hotel or not. Do not miss it!
Breakfast in the hotel was by menu or buffet. Buffet? Yes, please! Once again, I'm a hungry guy and this started my day off just perfectly. High-quality, fresh breakfast items and an omelet chef.
Would stay at again! A++