My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Washington DC (not the one in Georgetown, but the one close to Pennsylvania Ave) towards the end of February 2012. The hotel has an ordinary exterior, but extremely well-maintained and beautiful interiors, with comfortable furnishings, spacious bathrooms, and a divinely comfortable bed with luxurious bed linens. Possibly THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.
We were fortunate enough to have a room on the executive floor, which gave us access to the executive lounge. Having experienced this type of offering before in other 5-star hotels, I was somewhat skeptical about the likely quality of the snacks and light deserts on offer in the evening. I was very pleasantly surprised. And the lounge had an excellent wine selection.
The hotel's employees are extremely well trained - probably the most customer-oriented staff I have ever come across in a large hotel chain. We were very impressed with the quality of the service and the friendliness of the staff, who made us feel so welcome without gushing or otherwise going overboard. A special mention goes to Curtis, who worked the morning shift in the executive lounge. As well as his superb cappuccinos his attention to detail was commendable. Despite the various people coming and going, he knew all our names. And he was extremely helpful in providing us with a map to take a walk around Washington's monuments. He went out of his way at every opportunity to go the extra mile.
The hotel is also extremely well located - being about a 10 minute walk from the White House, and similarly Georgetown.
On a final note, as we checked out, we had complimentary hot apple side - quite delicious, and a great alternative to mulled wine. I would happily return to the Ritz Carlton any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C. is in the middle of it all, with impeccable service, exceptional accommodations and exclusive amenities. Our hotel is one of the city's most refined luxury hotels - an urban retreat where you can relax within the charging energy of a powerful city. Located in the heard of D.C.'s attractions, we are less than a mile from The National Mall and 1 mile from National Landmarks and Memorials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Washington Dc
- Ritz Carlton Washington Dc