This used to be a Marriott and is now run by Aramark, and I can feel the difference. The rooms are updated and clean, nice staff. As with a lot of older buildings, the elevator is loud and you can hear the airplanes coming over, but it is not too bad, just noticeable. I get the sense that the staff are not appropriately empowered to make customers happy. I witnessed situation with several people where the front desk wanted to help, but did not seems to be able to make small changes to make people happy. I hope Aramark will work more towards empowering their staff to focus on the customer more. For example, I needed to extend my stay for a night and I was out at a conference. I called the front desk and they transferred me to reservations. Reservations could not do it, and asked me to call back the front desk...they did not offer to transfer me. When I called back the front desk, they tried again to transfer me to reservations. The front desk finally said they would take care of it. When I came back to the front desk that evening, it was not taken care of. It took me to interface wi four people to get a small thing done. All were very nice, but not trained nor empowered to take care of it. So Aramark, I know you can do better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgetown's own peaceful retreat. The Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center offers a unique experience nestled among the building of the Georgetown University campus. Located in the center of campus, it is a leisurely walk or short taxi ride away from the bustling streets of shopping and restaurants in the heart of Georgetown. A variety of amenities and services are offered in this 146 room hotel to suit the needs of the business, family and leisure travelers. The 13,500 sq. feet of event space provides an ideal location for anything from corporate meetings to weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgetown University Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Georgetown University Conference
- Georgetown University Conference Washington Dc