“Nice location, comfy beds”

Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #124 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here while my daughter was at a summer camp at the University. I was given a discounted rate of $95 night. I'm glad we chose this hotel since we were so close to her dorm. The room was clean, and Sean at the front desk was wonderful!! It was just a short walk to M Street, so we walked down for dinner. The parking was $20/night. I would stay here again if my student was on campus.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is convenient to the Georgetown University Hospital and makes it easy to visit patients there. The room was comfortable-- the bed extremely so. Room service was not cheap, but the food was very good. Internet is extra here, as is parking.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lily Y
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice comfortable single king bed room. Good layout and nice view of Georgetown campus. Incredibly convenient to the university bookstore, a food court, and right across the way, a nice little cafeteria style restaurant, sushi bar, and bar. Right next to the hospital as well. The staff was very friendly. Can't beat the price and convenience for the Georgetown area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank debster_c_55
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice and clean hotel, inside Georgetown University but some far away from M Street and Wisconsin Av. Not easy to find it (inside medical center). Good for parents Georgetown students and family for hospital patients.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is right on campus so it's convenient for that purpose. Beds are very comfortable and pillows are so great you can buy them. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Only drawback is it takes at least an hour to get a taxi since it's out of the way,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Beyond the generous, light room with solid, tasteful furnishing that included wonderful rendition of a wing-back chair, beyond great lights for reading and a heavenly bed, beyond the great bathroom was the staff. I called on them more than one should, and every time they extended themselves to help. Nearby are lovely shops and restaurants, but no Metro stop.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

i stayed at this hotel with my family in May 2012 for my surgery at the Georgetown medical center. The hotel is very convenient to the hospital as it is right beside of it and the hospital staff took me to my room after my surgery....the hotel staff (with the exception of Joseph) were rude and refused to allow my sons service dog into the hotel.They even asked for the dogs credentials and why he even had to have the dog....these questions are illegal based on the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990...they broke every law when it came to his service dog...I was there to have surgery and didnt need the added stress that they caused. I do have to say the rooms are nice and the breakfast bar was good but they really need to do some weeding out of staff....also, when i called to schedule our room, i gave them my debit card and was advised that nothing would be charge to my card until the day of check out...we were not advised that we would have to pay $100 at the time of check in for using our debit card...we only had $125 in cash on us to cover dinner that night until my check was direct deposited onto my debit card the next day...they made us pay the $100 cash our of our pocket money leaving us $25 to eat on....you cant eat on that in DC....

Room Tip: ask about any hidden costs associated with debit cards...do not stay in room 202, no cold water and...