Wednesday- Saturday stay to bring student home from DC program, have one day to relax, and visit GU.. We traveled without a car, did not do any sight seeing in DC. I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews, but I had none of the problems discussed in reviews. Air conditioning was great and it was very hot during my stay. We traveled with Ipad/iphone so did not have to pay for internet. We experience some chains still charge for internet, though it seems unreasonable.... Hotel has a printer for boarding passes, one located at front desk, another hidden away in the the business center located off the main lobby in the conference area... We booked through the hotel website, so paid the normal AAA rate. Had a nice view of campus from 5th floor room. Very comfortable, clean, updated room. It was easy to get a cab or car service from hotel. taxi stand directly outside hotel. The car service hotel arranged to Dulles was about the same rate ($65) 2 passengers would pay for a shuttle. Taxi i took from Reagan Airport to hotel was $18. Also used car service for event in Arlington. Driver was a pleasure and she made the ride much more interesting than the typical cab driver. GU Shuttle located just down a block from the hotel, we never used it, but seemed to be very popular. It was not obvious to me initially, but you could reach the student center (food court, bookstore, cafe, market) directly from the hotel lobby, never having to go outside.This was very useful considering the hot temperatures outside. Small student market for snacks, fruit,water, and priced at the normal rate. Across a path from the hotel the Epicurean Dining was perfect for dinner/takeout (salad, pizza, sushi, etc). Much better quality/atmosphere than expected from a college food court. We did not use Faculty Club Restaurant (located in the hotel's conference area), buffet opened for lunch and dinner. Noticed a "free" self service laundry room, on the 5th floor, though we did not use.. Hotel provided newspapers in the lobby and it seemed that apples where at the front desk in the morning.The hotel staff was very helpful, I asked lots of questions about walking directions since I initially had no idea where I was in relation to the campus and downtown. It would have been more helpful if they just offered the maps originally, but I guess they incorrectly assumed I knew where I was going. Very easy walk to downtown. Less than 15 minutes to Georgetown shopping area.Highlights from downtown: "old stone house" historic sight, Georgetown cupcakes ( pre-noon lines seemed shorter), Dean and Delucca market, experiencing the old townhomes/cobblestones walkways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgetown's own peaceful retreat. The Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center offers a unique experience nestled among the building of the Georgetown University campus. Located in the center of campus, it is a leisurely walk or short taxi ride away from the bustling streets of shopping and restaurants in the heart of Georgetown. A variety of amenities and services are offered in this 146 room hotel to suit the needs of the business, family and leisure travelers. The 13,500 sq. feet of event space provides an ideal location for anything from corporate meetings to weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgetown University Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Georgetown University Conference
- Georgetown University Conference Washington Dc