“Nothing special”

Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Nothing special”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a late lunch with friends on a Sunday afternoon. Food was average Asian but nothing that makes me want to return. Service was OK and prices were very reasonable given the location. I was disappointed because it is possible to have excellent Asian food--just not here. As another reviewer mentioned, there are scores of restaurants on this strip. I'd try another unless you just feel like average Asian today.

• Visited March 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good fried rice, everything else pretty bland”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've been wanting to try this place for awhile now and we finally went a few nights ago. We ordered the firecracker shrimp, shrimp tempura and crab rangoons for apps. The firecracker shrimp were cold but had they been hot they would have been tasty! The shrimp tempura wasn't really tempura but a breading so it was thicker than the normal tempura crust. We didn't really like these at all. The crab rangoons needed more cream cheese and it came with an aioli sauce as opposed to a sweet and sour sauce. We asked and they only had duck sauce but it wasn't very good.

We got three different entrees and we all thought they were just O.K. I got fried rice with my entree and it was the best part of the meal. I'd go back for a fried rice dish but that's about it.

Also, the restaurant was pretty empty and the service was slow.

• Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It deserves more attention.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

A pleasant place, along a restaurant row in which almost every other restaurant sees more traffic. Hard to see why: the food is good, the service is good, the decor is good. Their loss...

Visited August 2012
Bowie, MD
“Did not enjoy... will not be back”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have tried several restaurants in the area and had always noticed the specials listed outside for Fusion Grill. I ordered two appetizers... can't even remember now which ones. One was OK, the other one wasn't. Service, and getting the check, were extremely slow to the point I had to go find someone. I definitely will not be back.

• Visited July 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Always tasty, good service and convenient”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I head down to the Marine Barracks about twice a month to visit my husband before the Friday Evening Parade. He has just enough time to grab a quick dinner and Fusion Grill is always there to make that happen! I can usually score a great seat out on the patio so I can people watch and enjoy the weather while I wait for my dinner date. The service is ALWAYS friendly, quick and appropriate. They don't bother me if my head is stuffed in a book and are quick if my drink gets low. I love the simple menu and I love the prices and the food is really good! I'm very picky about my Asian cuisine because of my MSG reaction, and I never leave feeling gross after a big meal. One thing you should be aware of, If you are eating inside, it is usually pretty loud. The customers are always having a great time in there!

• Visited June 2012