“New Beds!”

Ranked #101 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Boston, MA area
“New Beds!”
Reviewed December 15, 2005

We have stayed at the Residence Inn at Dupont Circle three times now, over two years. We love the location, comfort,safety, and value for the price. These benefits are covered well by the other reviewers. We chose the hotel for a one week vacation and have just arrived home. The big news: while we were there all the mattresses were upgraded to comfortable, but supportive, brand new high quality mattresses - a terrific and much-appreciated improvement. On another topic, we also enjoyed having the coin-op laundries in the building.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank TrudyTheTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
Gloucester,England
Reviewed July 1, 2005

Very large suite with seperate bedroom,full kitchen.Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent buffet breakfast/hot eggs/toast and waffle maker. Easy walk to Dupont circle Metro. No restaurants within walking distance suitable for kids though but there was an excellent delivery service for pizza/pasta.Supermarket practicallynext door. Felt very safe walking around that locality.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank Fieldings
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2005

I was pleasantly surprised ... full breakfast, dinner (not necessarily what I would want to eat, but great for a little one), very friendly staff. The room was big, clean, quiet, comfortable and had windows that open! Great location, too.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank Ahuva123
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2005

My boyfriend and I spent the long Easter weekend at this hotel. The location is great, on P street with the Dupont Circle Metro/Red Line just 3-4 blocks away, a small grocery store (turn left out of the front door) and the 24-hr CVS drug store (turn right out of the front door)

The room was spacious, and what I would call "hotel clean" - carpet a little worn and grungy, bath in acceptably clean condition and I'm tough about this. Kitchen was missing some utensils so I had to improvise a bit to make coffee and snacks.

Breakfast was quite good - plentiful and the staff kept food coming, including scrambled eggs. The Bfst room is small and we had to wait for a table one morning. There was only one 4-slot toaster so that was also a wait for that.

We ate at a couple of neighborhood spots- quite nice for the $$ - Johnny's Half Shell and Sala Thai. Even got a 10% discount coupon off the Thai restaurant's web site.

I found the staff friendly and helpful. My big problem was with Marriott Booking. Three nights- one with a promotional certificate for getting a Marriott Visa. The other two at the best avail rate of $129. The phone agent messed up, booked the entire stay as a Rewards stay, and when we checked out - we were charged RACK RATE for the two paid nites! The manager on duty Easter Sunday said she couldn't help me.

It has taken nearly two weeks of me calling every day to straighten this out and I will believe it when the amended charge shows up on my credit card statement. I'm very disappointed in how Marriott Customer Service handled the situation.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank AddieBee
Saratoga, CA
Reviewed April 6, 2005

We stayed at the Residence Inn, Dupont Circle for 6 nights the last week in March 2005 while our family toured Washington DC. The location was great - close to the Metro and lots of restaurants nearby. It was great having the extra space of a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom place, and very conveinant having breakfast available every morning. However, the beds were terrible. The mattresses were all literally 4" thick, as thick as a roll away cot mattress, and they were soft and spongey and terrible. I was shocked that at this price ($280 a night!! peak season!) a Marriott Hotel would have mattresses this thin, and old, and spongey and bad. The carpet was stained and the rooms were very shabby. Staff was friendly. Overall, this hotel should have been price at about 1/2 of what it was for the quality.

• Stayed March 2005
8 Thank SCCalifornia
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2005

Six of us stayed here over the weekend of March 12 & 13, 2005. It was very comfortable and so convenient. The suites were large with well-equiped kitchens (even attractive placemats and napkins!). Breakfast is included and is varied and substantial. The location is excellent, surrounded by restaurants and charming shops with a Starbucks across the street and a grocery store next door. The Mall, Embassy Row and Georgetown are all within walking distance. There is a metro stop nearby. While parking cost more than $20 per night, it too was absolutely convenient - much better than most hotel parking. The staff were pleasant and helpful and there is a choice of newspapers available at no charge.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2005

I have been a frequent guest at the Dupont Circle Residence Inn. In fact, I have spent at least 180 nights at this hotel in the last three years. As a result, I believe I can provide a comprehensive and honest review of the hotel property and staff. The rooms are ample in size and amenities. Other than some some outside noise on busy P Street, the rooms are very sound proof and quiet. However, my primary reason for making this hotel my first choice when traveling to DC is the staff. There are other hotels that are closer to my work location, but I've found over the years that a responsive hotel staff is the key to making my stay more comfortable and enjoyable. As with any hotel, there are occasional problems that arise. But in my experiences, the staff has been extremely prompt and helpful in resolving each and every issue to my full satisfaction. The breakfast buffet and evening snacks are always hot and fresh and I know for a fact that Pam and the rest of her food service staff always receive high marks from the Marriott and city health inspectors. I've found everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to be extremely friendly and helpful. Bottom line -- simply ask and the staff at this hotel will do everything possible to make your stay in DC pleasant and enjoyable.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member