“Convenient and also good sleeping!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle

Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle
Ranked #104 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Bonita Springs, FL
“Convenient and also good sleeping!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

It's on "restaurant row", taxis opposite the hotel early in the morning, easy to get to Nationa Airport.
And my wife and daughter have difficulty sleeping ... the both slept very well and were very complimentary about the beds and pillows.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn Dupont Circle August 11 - 14, 2011. Check in was awesome - Jose was extremely courteous, welcoming, explained the hotel amenities, location, metro locations, parking, breakfast. Then he upgraded us!!

Room was spacious, full kitchen, clean, modern. Elevators timely. Parking very convenient and only $25/night. you can take the elevator from parking garage directly to your room floor.

Complimentary breakfast was nice, good selection that varied each day. Large, pleasant dining area with two large tv's.

I was traveling with my mom (60's) and two teenagers. Mom hurt her leg and we called down to front desk to ask about a wheelchair. Jose answered and presto -- a wheelchair was waiting for us downstairs! For us to borrow - no charge!! How wonderful!

Can't say enough about the staff here --- service is wonderful!!!!!!

Location is excellent - tons of restaurants, shops just outside the door. Short walk (2 blocks) to Dupont Circle - very pretty, lots of dining. Awesome book store - "million books" I think it was called.

Metro - 2 blocks. Very easy to get downtown. Also, the doubledecker buses have stops on Dupont Circle.

Very short drive to Georgetown, Arlington, etc. Though parking is VERY hard to find downtown. And I got a parking ticket (when I really dont know how I parked wrong).

Excellent stay and will return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucy E
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here 5 nights in August, 2011, and I could not be more pleased with the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. From the front desk to the dining room to security, we alway felt most welcome.

The included breakfasts featured a good variety of food, well-prepared and presented. An evening social is offerered Monday - Wednesday. We ate on Southwestern/Mexican Night and the food was delicious!

Our room (509) was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We did not take much advantage of the full kitchen, but it was handy for storing and reheating restaurants leftovers Some earlier reviewers mentioned that the hotel looked worn -- I never encountered that in any of the areas that I visited. Everything that I saw looked very fresh and well-maintained.

The hotel is located in an interesting upscale neighborhood, with a wide variety of restaurants and pubs within a few blocks walk. The Metro station is about 3 blocks away, allowing a short ride to Union Station, the Capitol, and the National Mall. Parking is available at the hotel, but pricey. Better to stick with public transit.

Overall, I was very happy to have stayed here. Some of the earlier reviews had me somewhat leary, but it easily exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BigBoyBob
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were on an extended business trip of six weeks in DC from Germany and stayed in Residence Inn with family including, an eleven months old baby. For us, the location was ideal, very close to the Metro Station, and nicely located close to all the amenities of Dupont Circle, including restaurants, shops and children playgrounds, to Embassy Row, to Rock Creek Park and to Georgetown, which allowed us to do beautiful evening walks with the stroller. On one evening we even saw deer on in three minutes walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel is run by a very efficient, well trained and friendly team. Since we stayed very long in the hotel and interacted with personnel from all functions, we can say it holds true for everyone without exception: cleaners, security, technicians, breakfast people, reception and management. The personnel went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home. At the weekday dinners, we were personally welcomed by the Hotel Director Flavia and the Marketing Director Annjeannette, a very nice way of getting to know each other. Service was very quick, e.g. if there was a problem with the toilet flush, a call to reception sufficed and the technician was available to handle the problem within five minutes. They also cater to special requests, e.g. prior to our arrival, I had asked for socket protectors which were handed over to us when we arrived. We bonded very well with the lady who took care of our room, Santos. Our son turned one year while staying at Residence Inn and was given a wonderful birthday present, balloon and a birthday card signed by numerous people of the hotel team.
We left the hotel after six weeks on a late flight to Frankfurt and the hotel did not charge us for the last day although we stayed in the room until 6 pm (and the room could not be handed over to another guest).
All in all, I can recommend this hotel very much for any traveler in a long-term stay situation and I will stay there again when I come to DC.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank aurelia_crowe
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel has the best location of all the Marriott's we've stayed at in DC. The location to the metro and fabulous restaurants can't be beat. I've only been able to stay here once because of the price, but every once in a while the rates come down and then the value is terrific.

Room Tip: Wonderful location and comfortable rooms
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was expecting better from the price I paid and the Marriott brand. The hotel rooms are very old. The sheets were clean, I think, but that was the only good thing about the hotel. The furniture was very beat up, the sheets didn't fit the bed, so they kept slipping off in the night. It wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed but it was dissapointing since I spent nearly $200 per night to stay here. I wouldn't go back. Try the hotel accross the street. Some friends stayed there, and it was a lot nicer for almost the same price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Awardsss
Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Since 2000, I've probably stayed in this hotel 300 nights. I always try for this property when I'm visiting DC, but it is often full. (My second choice these days is the new Courthouse Residence Inn in Arlington.) The quality of this Dupont hotel has kind of ebbed and flowed over the years. Right now, things are good: nice beds, new TVs, good housekeeping, and the taxi drivers parked across the street have learned to keep their voices down. One of the best things about this property is that there is a small market 50 feet away. It means I easily can cook my own breakfast and dinner, or just grab some snacks when I want them. The Dupont Residence Inn is like my second home, so I don't notice some of the frayed-around-the-edges issues that seem to bother some other reviewers. I really like staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business