“Ideal for a business traveler with family”

Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle
Ranked #103 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Frankfurt, Germany
“Ideal for a business traveler with family”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were on an extended business trip of six weeks in DC from Germany and stayed in Residence Inn with family including, an eleven months old baby. For us, the location was ideal, very close to the Metro Station, and nicely located close to all the amenities of Dupont Circle, including restaurants, shops and children playgrounds, to Embassy Row, to Rock Creek Park and to Georgetown, which allowed us to do beautiful evening walks with the stroller. On one evening we even saw deer on in three minutes walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel is run by a very efficient, well trained and friendly team. Since we stayed very long in the hotel and interacted with personnel from all functions, we can say it holds true for everyone without exception: cleaners, security, technicians, breakfast people, reception and management. The personnel went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home. At the weekday dinners, we were personally welcomed by the Hotel Director Flavia and the Marketing Director Annjeannette, a very nice way of getting to know each other. Service was very quick, e.g. if there was a problem with the toilet flush, a call to reception sufficed and the technician was available to handle the problem within five minutes. They also cater to special requests, e.g. prior to our arrival, I had asked for socket protectors which were handed over to us when we arrived. We bonded very well with the lady who took care of our room, Santos. Our son turned one year while staying at Residence Inn and was given a wonderful birthday present, balloon and a birthday card signed by numerous people of the hotel team.
We left the hotel after six weeks on a late flight to Frankfurt and the hotel did not charge us for the last day although we stayed in the room until 6 pm (and the room could not be handed over to another guest).
All in all, I can recommend this hotel very much for any traveler in a long-term stay situation and I will stay there again when I come to DC.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank aurelia_crowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
chicago
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel has the best location of all the Marriott's we've stayed at in DC. The location to the metro and fabulous restaurants can't be beat. I've only been able to stay here once because of the price, but every once in a while the rates come down and then the value is terrific.

Room Tip: Wonderful location and comfortable rooms
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was expecting better from the price I paid and the Marriott brand. The hotel rooms are very old. The sheets were clean, I think, but that was the only good thing about the hotel. The furniture was very beat up, the sheets didn't fit the bed, so they kept slipping off in the night. It wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed but it was dissapointing since I spent nearly $200 per night to stay here. I wouldn't go back. Try the hotel accross the street. Some friends stayed there, and it was a lot nicer for almost the same price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Awardsss
Hawaii
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Since 2000, I've probably stayed in this hotel 300 nights. I always try for this property when I'm visiting DC, but it is often full. (My second choice these days is the new Courthouse Residence Inn in Arlington.) The quality of this Dupont hotel has kind of ebbed and flowed over the years. Right now, things are good: nice beds, new TVs, good housekeeping, and the taxi drivers parked across the street have learned to keep their voices down. One of the best things about this property is that there is a small market 50 feet away. It means I easily can cook my own breakfast and dinner, or just grab some snacks when I want them. The Dupont Residence Inn is like my second home, so I don't notice some of the frayed-around-the-edges issues that seem to bother some other reviewers. I really like staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Torrance, California
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed here for a family vacation and needed someplace to be comfortable and centrally located while seeing all the sites in D.C. The staff was so helpful and couldn't be more accomadating. Our room was great and it felt like we were coming "home" every night after long days of sightseeing. The hot breakfast buffet was a great way to start each day and the Metro station was a few blocks away.

1 Thank oneloyalpal
lake forest
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Clsoe to downtown. Right next to Rock Creek Park and many restaurants to eat at. You can also cook in your room and a little grocery next door. Great staff, good breakfast, and dinner on week nights. I would stay there again.

New York
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We love the Marriott and always stay at Marriott when ever we can. We got to the hotel , it was a fast easy check in. When we got to the 9th floor we were greeted with a funky odor.It was room 905. when we opened the door the room was not as clean as you would expect for a Marriott. The chair was scratched up and the carpets looked old and dirty. In the hotels defense it is a pet friendly hotel and I guess that is to be expected. The good news is we went to the manager and asked for an upgrade and received one. That is why we stay at Marriott, they usually always accommodate.

1 Thank spoilednewyoker