“Great location”

Ranked #103 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
chicago
“Great location”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel has the best location of all the Marriott's we've stayed at in DC. The location to the metro and fabulous restaurants can't be beat. I've only been able to stay here once because of the price, but every once in a while the rates come down and then the value is terrific.

Room Tip: Wonderful location and comfortable rooms
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was expecting better from the price I paid and the Marriott brand. The hotel rooms are very old. The sheets were clean, I think, but that was the only good thing about the hotel. The furniture was very beat up, the sheets didn't fit the bed, so they kept slipping off in the night. It wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed but it was dissapointing since I spent nearly $200 per night to stay here. I wouldn't go back. Try the hotel accross the street. Some friends stayed there, and it was a lot nicer for almost the same price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Awardsss
Hawaii
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Since 2000, I've probably stayed in this hotel 300 nights. I always try for this property when I'm visiting DC, but it is often full. (My second choice these days is the new Courthouse Residence Inn in Arlington.) The quality of this Dupont hotel has kind of ebbed and flowed over the years. Right now, things are good: nice beds, new TVs, good housekeeping, and the taxi drivers parked across the street have learned to keep their voices down. One of the best things about this property is that there is a small market 50 feet away. It means I easily can cook my own breakfast and dinner, or just grab some snacks when I want them. The Dupont Residence Inn is like my second home, so I don't notice some of the frayed-around-the-edges issues that seem to bother some other reviewers. I really like staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Torrance, California
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed here for a family vacation and needed someplace to be comfortable and centrally located while seeing all the sites in D.C. The staff was so helpful and couldn't be more accomadating. Our room was great and it felt like we were coming "home" every night after long days of sightseeing. The hot breakfast buffet was a great way to start each day and the Metro station was a few blocks away.

1 Thank oneloyalpal
lake forest
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Clsoe to downtown. Right next to Rock Creek Park and many restaurants to eat at. You can also cook in your room and a little grocery next door. Great staff, good breakfast, and dinner on week nights. I would stay there again.

New York
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We love the Marriott and always stay at Marriott when ever we can. We got to the hotel , it was a fast easy check in. When we got to the 9th floor we were greeted with a funky odor.It was room 905. when we opened the door the room was not as clean as you would expect for a Marriott. The chair was scratched up and the carpets looked old and dirty. In the hotels defense it is a pet friendly hotel and I guess that is to be expected. The good news is we went to the manager and asked for an upgrade and received one. That is why we stay at Marriott, they usually always accommodate.

1 Thank spoilednewyoker
San Mateo
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed for five nights on family vacation using Marriott Points. The location near Du Pont circle is fabulous for seeing Washington DC yet being in a trendy neighborhood. It is only five minutes to the Metro and then two-four stops to all the major sites in DC. We could do a morning tour, come back to refresh and then get back for more sightseeing easily.

The rooms are the normal REsidence Inn rooms and the hotel is very quiet. The breakfast area and the lobby are way below par for a Marriott--very crowded on the ground floor. Parking is available at a price. The wifi worked great. The Microwave in our room was broken and even though we complained it never got fixed--luckily we did not need it badly. On points or at a discount this is a great place. For $350 night (the rate we saw posted) I think you could find much nicer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family