“Perfect with Familly well located and good value for money”

Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle
Ranked #107 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed 5 nights in Double bedroom suites with our two kids 18 and 13. We got a room at the 10th floor facing the street.
This hotel is perfect for a family the flat is large with a nice living room and 2 bathrooms. The value for money is very good; the price includes a free wireless Internet connection, (a must with 2 teenagers!) the breakfast, and 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) a complementary dinner. The breakfast choices are good, and you can eat as much as you can! The coffee is not the best we drunk but the cakes, pancakes and waffle are terrific, and every day there are different hot dishes. For the coffee if you want something better the Starbuck is in front the hotel. The complementary meal is tasteful, and when you walked all the Day visiting DC attractions, It is nice to not have to look for a restaurant. It looks that you are coming home.

The hotel is very well located to visit DC, we never used a taxi during our stay. Everything is within walking distance. Walking in DC is very nice, large avenue, lot of green. You can also easily go to Georgetown or to the white house in approximately 15 minutes walks.
This hotel is also very quiet with a friendly staff, they help us a lot to organize our visits

I definitively recommend this hotel to family

Room Tip: ask for a room at 10 floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Balto
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I followed several recommendations on tripadvisor.
We had a 2 bedroom suite, paid $450. At first I thought it was a little expensive, but worked out perfectly with 2 teenage boys. We got in from a red eye flight at about 9 am.
The front desk lady told us to have their complementary breakfast buffet while she checked on the availability of a room. We were able to get checked into our room by 10 am despite check in being at 4 pm. The suite was spacious, 3 tvs, refrigerator, cooking( if you wanted to). The two separate bedrooms made it nice, the boys had their own separate area to relax and unwind. Every morning complementary breakfast included eggs, bacon, etc..
Monday through Wednesday night they serve hospitality hour which turns out to be a full dinner. For a family of four, we saved the cost of breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: Booked on line
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Wonderful location - 2 blocks from Dupont Circle stop on the red line. Lots of great restaurants and bars within a few blocks. We are at Vento (next to hotel) and Urbana (across the street) and both were very good.

Very good service - I used points to stay but we ended up needing am extra night. The front desk staff was very helpful. I also ran the Cherry Nlossom run and both guys at the desk clapped for me when I came back - so nice!

The rooms are a bit older but clean and functional. Kitchen includes coffee maker, full fridge/freezer, microwave and stove. Bathroom is basic.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I've reviewed the Residence Inn at Dupont Circle about 2-3 years ago and given it an average rating. I must upgrade to four stars to cite major improvements in cleanliness and service.

This Residence Inn has really improved its cleanliness, both in common areas and rooms. I had no problem walking around my room and to the laundry down the hall in socks and not worrying about ugly stains.

I also experienced fabulous customer service from all the staff during this trip. The front desk upgraded me to a 1-bedroom, provided office supplies and equipment, greeted me every time I entered and made it very easy when I needed to re-register after leaving due to an east coast snow storm. I must give a special shout-out to the food service crew who very kindly held the complimentary evening meal for me past the meal closing time as I dragged myself in from the 7" inches of snow after my flight was canceled.

Is it the absolute finest place to stay in DC? No, but the location can't be beat and the staff service was so great that I will be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I can't imagine a better hotel for a family visiting DC. Large comfortable rooms (although a remodel wouldn't hurt) Professional, helpful staff. Unbelievable location with tons of restaurants nearby, as well as Metro Station. The breakfast selection was above average for a Residence Inn and once again, perfect for a family sightseeing in DC.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GoTBGo
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The service was great, everybody is really friendly but seriously the room we stayed in was very dirty, the location is great, lots of stuff near by.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed August 29, 2010

With many expensive hotels in D.C, this is a good alternate if you're looking to save some money. The room was spacious, but the furniture and T.V were outdated. The internet would not initially connect, however a repair man did fix the problem fairly quickly. Overall, if you're looking to save money, this is a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business