“Great location - not posh - but nice enough!”

Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
illinois
“Great location - not posh - but nice enough!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

For the price I do not think you can get a better location in DC. 4 blocks straight north of the White House on Scott Circle just 1 long block SE of DuPont Circle. No need for a car here. Walking distance to almost everything - or a cheap cab if you prefer. Our room was a smaller king with a view of the circle and it was fine for 2 of us. Other reviews have mentioned large sized rooms - so ask if you want one. Others have also mentioned street noise. We were on the 4th floor and yes there was noise - but it is the city so I expect nose. If you turn the fan on you wont hear any street noise at all. Windows can actually be opened which I liked. Bathroom was average size. Nice TV, no fridge or micro, but we did use the in room coffee. Bed was really comfy. Front dest service was excellent and quick. Doorman flagged down cabs for us (airport and theater trips) and was very friendly. We at dinner in Nage which was just ok. Service was friendly but the two person tab was $$$. Food was just so so . Free coffee and tea in the meeting room in the morning - which we took advantage of on chilly mornings. I would stay here again - you pay big for loaction in DC. We were very satisfied with what this Courtyard offered.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side would have street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GstServiceManager, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Embassy Row, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice comment about our staff especially our front desk team and our valet. I am glad that you find our property convenient to everything during your stay. We hope that you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After reading mixed reviews about this property, I was pleasantly surprised. From check-in to checkout, the staff was wonderful. The property is clean and well maintained. Had a room on the 5th floor with a front view. The restaurant staff was friendly and the food was affordable and good (had breakfast and snack). The lobby has recently been renovated; I've added photos. I requested a late checkout and it wasn't an issue. The area is great, however there's a 3-4 block walk for public transportation. All and all it was a great stay. If I'm in the area again, we will definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comment regarding our staff. Our staff is certainly one of our best assets - we are delighted to help make your stay enjoyable and relaxing. We look forward for your next visit with us.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for three nights. The staff was great as they made suggestions on where to eat as well as how to get to the nearest Metro stations. Our room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa. This was a big enough room for my family as we did not feel closed in at all.

The two nearest Metro stations are about a 10-15 minute walk (Farragat North-Red Line or McPherson Square-Orange & Blue Line). Restaurants are nearby on Connecticut Avenue which can also be a 10-15 minute walk depending on what you select.

We did have breakfast at the Nage Bistro which is inside the Courtyard Marriott as we selected the free breakfast option. There was enough on the menu for breakfast as my kids did not complain.

Overall, we had a very good expereince staying at this Courtyard Marriott.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family make sure you reserve the rooms with the queen beds and pull o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoelM998
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the great comment regarding our team and I am glad that we delivered a good service and a good experience to you and your family. We are looking forward to serve you again in the future. Thank you once again..
Jacksonville
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for three nights. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had a minor hiccup when we arrived with the room (tried to put my family of four in a room with only one king bed) but this was quickly resolved.

The room had two queen beds and a pull out couch. This was plenty of room for my family, we did not feel closed in at all. The bathroom is a bit tight, only one person can stand in the bathroom, vanity, closet area at one time. The beds were comfortable and pillows of typical Marriott quality.

I ate at the bistro downstairs one night. The staff was nice and the food great (lobster maccroni was AMAZING). The next morning, I went down for coffee and also had a great experience. Unfortunately after that, they closed the cafe in the mornings for renovations and only offered a sparce continental breakfast out of a conference room for $12.00. I decided to leave the hotel and get my java fix a couple of blocks away. It was more of a nusience than a real complaint.

I ended up spending a lot of time in the lobby in the evening after the children went to sleep and enjoyed the set up. The booths with the televisions was a nice touch. I actually brought down a bottle of wine one evening to enjoy while I studied and forgot a wine glass, the front desk manager actually went into the bistro and brought me a wine glass, once again showing that top-notch Marriott service.

Overall great experience!

Room Tip: Room 604 faces another building. Not a great view, but very little road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Love2Go80
Boston
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nice large rooms with plenty of outlets for recharging phones, laptops, etc. Free Wifi. Within walking distance (10 min) to the Dupont Circle Metro stop and easy to get a cab from the Hotel. Great for a Washington trip. A minor negative is that the cable TV doesn't have comedy central.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Monaco
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at The Marriott Courtyard Embassy Row from 2nd to 7th nov 2012. The hotel is extremely noisy, I had to change rooms twice because the windows are not soundproofed. I endend up in one of the ground floor rooms the windows of which do not open and have thick pans. Otherwise it is unbearable, it is like having your bed in the street .

WAKE UP CALLS FORGOTTEN : Twice the hotel did not wake me up and I had to rush to meet my appointments in ten minutes . Even after the first incident and my complaining at the front desk nothing was made to fix the problem, no explanation, no apology , no compensation , and same problem occurred again the following day ! They are really taking the guests for fools !

WIFI CONNECTION EXTREMELY WEAK: I was disconnected several times. It was extremely difficult to work as it was impossible to have a decent connection. Either getting disconnected or slow!

Very limited rooms service, only during the opening hours of the hotel restaurant and neighboring ones .

Stay somewhere else... there are several hotels in the neighborhood: Westin, Grand Hyatt (rooms viewing the lobby seem quiet), Fairmont, Ritz Carlton etc ... some others right in front such as Holiday inn , Homewood Suites ... but I did not test them .

Room Tip: Go for the ground floor rooms. There is about 6 rooms with numbers in the 100s. These are the only o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank monacoguy1
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel. Very nice Courtyard. Walking distance to clubs like Ozio. The restaurant Nage is good also. Valets are good. Close to white house and monuments. The only problem i had was that im a Gold elite member and was not recognized!

• Stayed November 2012