“Lovely staff, beautiful Apartments”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 8, 2014

In complete contrast to our experience in NYC, we were warmly greeted by a lovely lady who chatted while we checked in. We did not use many of the facilities the hotel offered but the apartment itself had everything you needed for your stay. A fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, cooker etc. the apartment was really spacious with a little dining area, couches with a big flat screen TV. The bedroom was v big, and the beds really comfy. The bathroom had a separate sink and mirror outside if needed. The complimentary L'Otticane products were lovely. There was a really lovely outside area, where you could relax on couches, which unfortunately I never got to use. It was great to be able to buy our own groceries at a nearby store "Trader Joes" (17 cent for a bottle of still water!). This cut down the cost of eating out as you had the option of cooking your own. It is quite conveniently located, not too far from Foggy Bottom station and Georgetown itself which has some lovely restaurants. Reception stored our luggage on the day we were leaving and a very nice young man hailed a taxi for us when we needed it. The only reservation I had about the hotel, was the fact that they take a deposit when you check in, just in case there is any damage on check out. I don't have a problem with that but I had to send a number of emails to request my deposit to be credited to my account, and I am still awaiting it. I definitely recommend this hotel. In fact I am hoping to return to Washington next year and will stay here again, hopfully for longer this time.

2  Thank Nadiecork
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Nadiecork,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled to learn how we were a complete contrast to your experience in NYC (in a positive way). I am glad that you enjoyed our location, amenities, room size and particularly our service. I do apologize about the issue with the refund on your deposit. I do believe that Omer (our guest services manager) has been in contact with you regarding the resolution. Please let me know if that’s not the case and we can resolve it immediately. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Avenue Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (1,561)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We (a family of 4) stayed at the Avenue suites for 3 days and loved our stay.

Location - This is in a nice neighborhood. Not busy. Its right next to M street where there are awesome places to eat and hang out. One of the advantages of this location is also Trader Joes that is right opposite the hotel. All of basic groceries are taken care of. Foggy Bottom metro is 10-15 minute walk, bus stations (which we used) are a 5 minute walk. The hotel provides on-site parking for a fee, but we were there for a weekend and were able to snag a (street-parking) place for our stay.

Service - This is where the hotel shines.. From the front desk, to housekeeping to anyone you meet at the hotel, they are always out there to help you out with a smile. Everyone seemed genuinely friendly.

The room by itself is nice. The kitchen could do with some updating, but in general the amenities were great! The bath products were great! and the kitchen was well equipped. The room is large with enough space to walk around, eat, cook (all in separate areas).

If there was nit I'd pick would be with their cafe offerings during breakfast. They are on the lighter side. Also, please get a better toaster - the bagels and toast seemed to be heated on a grill and served. Its not a big deal as there are places to eat around.

All in all, a great experience and I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Street parking near the hotel can be found on the weekends.
5  Thank TP_Travel_Chronicles

Dear TP_Travel_Chronicles,

Thank you for your recent three night stay with your family. I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that the service provided by my team was the highlight of your stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast offerings at the restaurant. Please rest assured your feedback has been shared with the team. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with a total of 5 people in the one bedroom suite. It was spacious and everyone was comfortable. There was a full kitchen which was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom. I thought it was a little small and the cover for the air vent kept coming off. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The location was close to the foggy bottom metro so we would take that everyday to go sightseeing. There is a trader joes close by so that was a plus. Would recommend!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LbeforeE

Dear LbeforeE,

Thank you for your recent three night stay. I am glad to know that our rooms comfortably accommodated your party of 5. I do appreciate your feedback regarding the size of the bathroom and the issue with the air vent. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel at all. It is a small 3 to 3 1/2 star property with excellent, friendly and helpful front desk staff located in a perfect location for short walks to Georgetown, or long enjoyable walks to the Mall. Our room was exactly as described online. We had a room with two queen beds, and an adjoining living room area with a pull out couch and a small but entirely adequate kitchen area. We did buy food across the road at Trader Joe's as soon as we arrived, as advised by other reviewers here, however I strongly encourage considering the Whole Foods market near Foggy Bottom (a 10 minute walk) as a much better choice for quality food - both prepared and fresh. We were on the 8th floor and street noise was not a factor at all in our stay. We did not use the lounge area either inside or outside during our stay. I can easily recommend this hotel for a family stay in Washington.

Room Tip: Our family of five stayed in room 813 with a nice view and no street noise of any consequence. I rec...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher L

Dear Christopher L,

Thank you for your recent visit and for writing your review. I am glad to know that you found nothing negative to say about our hotel and that we met your expectations. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back from Canada very soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel was exceeded our expectations. Staff were very welcoming and friendly on arrival. Our room was massive and I was really impressed. Sitting room, dining table and kitchen were all perfect. Bedroom was seperate, comfortable and the second TV was a great perk. Bathroom with extra sink was great but a bit bigger would have been better. Location is fantastic, situated perfectly between Georgetown and central DC. I was worried it would be very far from a metro station but Foggy Bottom is only a three minute walk I would guess, very convenient. Receptionist even went out of his way to hail us a cab on departure. Very helpful. Fantastic hotel, would return on next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms would be fine. Trader Joe's is across the road for any food needs.
4  Thank DC1882

Dear DC1882,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that the amenities, location and service had so much to do with that. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back from Ireland very soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very good hotel and warm staff that is always ready to help. They even have laundry facility in basement, which is expensive, but is there for longer term stay. There is a traders joe right across the hotel in case you like to get things. The hotel restaurant and bar is well equipped with items and drinks and the décor is very modern . very close to foggy bottom metro and also many good restuarants. Loved our stay in this renovated place.

2  Thank 83lovetotravel

Dear 83lovetotravel,

Thank you for your recent visit and for writing your review. I am glad that our hotel provided you with everything you needed to make your stay in DC memorable. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back from Dallas very soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The other review have covered it very well....clean, spacious, quiet, great A/C and a wonderful location. The kitchen is great with full sized appliances, although sparcley equipped with only the bare minimum of dishes and pans. But when you add in that a Trader Joes grocery store is across the street, you can make a great meal from scratch or get their ready made food to cook in a real kitchen...very handy.

The lobby and lounge was spacious and nice. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Staff was very helpful in planning our excursions.

Georgetown campus is a few blocks away, along with nice restaurants. Walk to the Lincoln memorial in about 20 minutes and the Kennedy Center is about 15. We felt very safe in this area and has a great young feel with the Ivy League college a few blocks away.

Cab fare to the capitol building is less than $15 and closer to $10 for the White House. We found for our family of four that a cab was best since the subway would have been $12 round trip for us.

2  Thank BlueC0llar

Dear BlueC0llar,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am thrilled to learn that you and your family had a wonderful experience and that our amenities, room size, location and service had so much to do with that. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!